dyno cams 7x

Racer-71

I have a stock unrestricted flathead I am building with a 7x cam . and would like some input on springs and timing 1\4 mile dirt. Any and all help appreciatted
Thanks
Worm

I'VE RUN 20# INTAKE 18# EXHAUST. Weld up/ chamfer lifter bore and set up for proper open and closing numbers with degree wheel and dial indicator. not worry so much about lash. Timing 30-31 degrees worked for me, keep watch on CHT (cylinder head temp). I'm sure other builders will chime in with some other proven setups. This worked for one I built for myself.
Matt

Thanks matt. What size jet would be a good starting point .I built the engine and my son run it in blueplate last year now he is up to jr. Champ and stock flathead. So changing a few things . Just trying to get a idea what I need to do
Thanks again
Worm

Your welcome. A good starting point for jet unrestricted assuming running methanol, I'd try a #49 jet. watch head temps and go from there up or down. Keep in mind if coming from restricted to unrestricted, good chance the carb is blueprinted for a plate engine. Although it will work, it may lack some potential power unrestricted. You may want to look into a SR. Box stock blueprinted carb for unrestricted engine. Jerry Dover at Dover power could fix you up with one based on your build. as well as many other folks on here. But certainly can try what you have first.
Matt

Back