Dyno cams

Scan the profile, any machine shop can read the lobes on a chart. Just lay the scan over the topsheet and you can read the angle. We used to verify them for the little motors they used over in Iraq. Dyno-Cams are similar and I think the top-zero is the same for everything under 1 liter displacement.

Interestingly enough, I was informed by 'DynoCams' a couple years ago that 'the racers' didn't/don't want the ID listed 'on' the cams....figure that!

They dont want the ID listed on the cams so they can stick a cheater cam in their engine and hope to get by with it lol. I have had people tell me that they run a MOD2 cam in box stock at the track i race at, which doesnt bother me if they feel the need to use a cheater cam to help them get to the front lol not that the cam was really doing them any good though! Pretty sad when somebody tries to use a cam like that in a stock class expecting to just fly to the front, but still gets stuck in the back because they cant drive and arent willing to take the time to learn tires and chassis setup like some of us do.

Dyno does not put numbers on their cams as a courtesty to their largest customer base, the engine builder.
How can an engine builder claim to have a special cam when it is marked CL-2 with the Dyno Logo? ;)

Back in the Flathead heyday.....a well known builder here on Bob's advertised, sold, and installed his "own special grind"

It was funny to watch, as he ordered all his cams from me !!

Dyno does not put numbers on their cams as a courtesty to their largest customer base, the engine builder.
How can an engine builder claim to have a special cam when it is marked CL-2 with the Dyno Logo? ;)

Back in the Flathead heyday.....a well known builder here on Bob's advertised, sold, and installed his "own special grind"

It was funny to watch, as he ordered all his cams from me !!

Hilarious! I figured that's probably the main reason (personal experience), but to see someone else go through it too... that's funny!

I usually run pro clone. But, am putting a box stock motor together since they have a bigger turnout than the pro-clones at some of the smaller tracks. My question is, can you legally run the CL cams in box stock or is it supposed to have the stock cam? It seems like at some tracks they are pro-clone motors with a factory breather and weenie pipe. I pulled the 2014 box stock rules and they say nothing about cam, lift, or anything that i can see. So, I assume that means "stock" cam.

I usually run pro clone. But, am putting a box stock motor together since they have a bigger turnout than the pro-clones at some of the smaller tracks. My question is, can you legally run the CL cams in box stock or is it supposed to have the stock cam? It seems like at some tracks they are pro-clone motors with a factory breather and weenie pipe. I pulled the 2014 box stock rules and they say nothing about cam, lift, or anything that i can see. So, I assume that means "stock" cam.

You can run a Dyno cams cl1, cl1i, cl1im, or cl2

You need to look at 2013 rules, only "changes" are listed in 2014, meaning no cam rule change in 2014.

So, what's the point of calling it "box stock" if the internals are the same as a Pro clone? Header and different air filters don't cost much. I don't see a disc clutch over a drum making much difference. Just reducing cart counts for what advantage? Having another class? Run them all together. Just my 2 cents!

Scan the profile, any machine shop can read the lobes on a chart. Just lay the scan over the topsheet and you can read the angle. We used to verify them for the little motors they used over in Iraq. Dyno-Cams are similar and I think the top-zero is the same for everything under 1 liter displacement.

That's interesting.

Obviously if you are comparing let's say a cl1 and a mod2 the difference in duration is visible on the lobe but I mark them anyway.Garder with other cams.

Back