Dyno CL3 cam for purple plate with your Holy Moses carb

Ekite

Mr Dover a question concerning the CL 3 cam on a purple plate engine. They seem to be some using this combination in our area as rpm on these engines has went higher on the engines we are running against. My question would be is this a viable option and if so how to jet for it with your holy Moses carb with a PVL flywheel? Any advice given will be appreciated. Thanks

jclewis

My understanding is the CL3 came only improves performance when turning 6600+ rpm & is not recommended for plate classes

Dover Power

In most cases its worked good for us.. Not really that much more RPM's but its been faster when it matches up with that particular engine.. Realize we often have to twist the lobes to get them where we want them and that can make the difference of running good or not.. No change in jetting required..

Ekite

Jerry if only 1 engine could be in the budget for this season with your engines would it be possible to build just 1 purple plate engine that would be competitive and legal at both AKRA and NKA rules races or what would our best option be for this situation. Thanks,

Dover Power

WE have been working a combo for Red,Green & Purple that will enable you to run both rule packages and be competitive..

Ekite

Thank you please let us know as we will most likely have to order a new engine for this year and that would be what I would like to have. Thanks for your quick response.