Dyno cost

Anybody have any idea what the cost of an 200# inertia wheel cost is? I found a pretty nice one and the owner said “make me an offer”. Anybody got any idea what a fair offer is?

Attachments

• 0B8BD8BE-C964-4076-88E5-1C178C4C18E5.jpeg
    0B8BD8BE-C964-4076-88E5-1C178C4C18E5.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 69D977C8-8D66-4F99-BEC7-CE8F3642B373.jpeg
    69D977C8-8D66-4F99-BEC7-CE8F3642B373.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 75
Do some calculations to make sure it can handle what you need. Mine is 429.7 and handles up to 35 HP. The cost can be high because of balancing etc. IMO a few hundred dollars and up depending on if it's only the wheel or complete less software, w/software etc. Mine was several thousand complete with performance trends.

Just for Info . I made a 1 inch by 24 inch .
first thing Iheard was it needed to be 30 inch diameter .
Diameter being the important part . Now my understanding is with the polar moment further out it means less rpm for more hp .
smaller and heavier would surely work .
With working soft ware ready too run . current operating system windowas 10 or 11 .
My range would be 2 - 3 k . lots of factors to consider .
My water brake runs on windows 97 so if it fails thats an issue .

You might want to check out on ebay: hewittmfg

There are good dynos and cheap dynos but there are no good cheap dynos. The options available on dynos in terms of available data are practically endless. The most important factor in using a dyno is repeatability, If it does not give you repeatability it is worthless. The environment in which a dyno is used is as important as the dyno itself. If you want a dyno of any value be prepared to put a lot of time and effort into it.

Do some calculations to make sure it can handle what you need. Mine is 429.7 and handles up to 35 HP. The cost can be high because of balancing etc. IMO a few hundred dollars and up depending on if it's only the wheel or complete less software, w/software etc. Mine was several thousand complete with performance trends.
Your wheel is 429 # ?

I’m building one. There is at least 1000 in parts and software. If you can get it for thst or less is a steal. How’s the sons racing coming along?

Back