Dyno Don

Carb to intake is to be sealed with a gasket only. Gasket only. No other type of sealer is allowed. Is that the one you mean? That rule has been in the rules from the day I got involved.

Sealed is one word sealer is another. This is what people are asking me. Just wanted it cleared up. I ve told them nothing is different. It does not work the way its printed. Carb does not go on intake with out a gasket black insl. plate and 1 other gasket. No sealer allowed.
Loop holes come from where?
Leggs

"Carb to intake sealer is gasket only no other sealer allowed". That wording has been there since 2007 as Don stated. It means what is says, only stock gaskets may be used to seal the carb and its related components. If you are confused please refer to the first paragraph at top of page 48 in your current rule book, first sentence. How have the engines always come from the factory? This hasn't been a problem for 6 years, why now? Bennie, I'm sure by now you know what a gasket is!

Bill McCutcheon
AKRA, Inc

Carb to intake sealer ( Sealer meaning method to seal ) ) is gasket only. No other sealer ( sealer meaning method to seal ) allowed.

"Carb to intake sealer is gasket only no other sealer allowed". That wording has been there since 2007 as Don stated. It means what is says, only stock gaskets may be used to seal the carb and its related components. If you are confused please refer to the first paragraph at top of page 48 in your current rule book, first sentence. How have the engines always come from the factory? This hasn't been a problem for 6 years, why now? Bennie, I'm sure by now you know what a gasket is!

Bill McCutcheon
AKRA, Inc

Easy now, just yanking on Don's chain a little. Got to keep him on his toes. but it does make me wonder. Can I make my own gasket out of whatever material I can find, as long as it's not metal?

time cost factor might be out of balance if making your own gaskets.
waxed milk cartons work good in a pinch.
May not pass tech though:)

Back