dyno numbers

jake17j

Just curious what kind of numbers a lo206 will put out compared to bp clone. We have a series that is going to run lo206 and an older version of BP clones together. Just wondering if they are even close.

Just curious what kind of numbers a lo206 will put out compared to bp clone. We have a series that is going to run lo206 and an older version of BP clones together. Just wondering if they are even close.

On our Dyno the Clone makes 3% more HP than the LO206.

Steve

By BP clone, are you asking about the old AKRA Builders Prepared clone, or a blueprinted stock clone? Both of those make more hp than a lo206, but the builders prepared clone rules allow a bit more hp than a stock clone will make also

The advantage the AKRA clone has is not so much the HP (3% by Steve's numbers) but the extra rpm it can turn on tracks where extra rpm can be an advantage. When the 206 hits 6100 it's over.
Personally, in the meat of it's powerband, our Lo206 engines make considerably more power than our 2016 AKRA big pipe clones, but then again, I build very few clones, so I'm sure there is more power to be found. Now, the 2017 AKRA big pipe clones make slightly more power above 5200 rpm and obviously blow the 206 away above 6100. ;)

Steve, regarding your 3% figure...Are we talking area under the power curve and in what rpm range, or just peak numbers?

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
27 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Yes the old BP with the 625 carb bp2 cam and 26# springs. No porting. From the sounds of it they want to run the 206 with them.

If that's the case the BP clone would have quite a bit of an advantage here....even a stock blueprinted AKRA/NKA clone has an advantage over the 206 because they can turn more rpm on the long straits....add a bigger carb, better cam and springs and now the BP clone has several hp more than the 206

Last week I was the 4 cycle tech inspector at the Arizona Karting Assoc.'s Holiday Classic. Great racing on a great track. This year they invited the LO206 Sr. class from the neighboring sprint track to compete in their own class using the sprint track rules and TIRES (4.6 front, 6.0 rear, Envico blue ( mid 60's duro, no prep). Only changes made to the karts ( CIK bodywork ) was narrowing the rear width.
Surprisingly they were only .1 sec. off the lap times of fully prepared speedway karts with BP clones. ( IKF Super Stock rules)
I'm told by a local engine builder that his dyno shows the clones with a HP advantage. Just something to think about!

this is a 1/8th mile momentum track. the bp's turn 7000 rpm with a 500-1000 rpm drop in the corners. on a sprint track I could see the torque playing a factor. here we need just top end hp they mat the gas and hold on pretty much

this is a 1/8th mile momentum track. the bp's turn 7000 rpm with a 500-1000 rpm drop in the corners. on a sprint track I could see the torque playing a factor. here we need just top end hp they mat the gas and hold on pretty much

Jake,

I think you got that backwards. A sprint track, you want the extra usable rpms, so you can stack on more gear (potential clone advantage). On a momentum track where there is not much RPM drop, I would gear the LO206 a little differently, but it would be less of a hindrance for the LO206. Every track is a little different, so its hard to tell, but that is my experience.

Back