Dyno reading correction factors

alvin l nunley

Site Supporter
Somebody, gave some correction factor numbers, but when I put them into my horsepower calculation sheet, my horsepower numbers didn't match his. It seems my correction factor was different than the ones posted. I went to my source and got this.
The air temperature should ideally be the temperature of the air that is going into your engine.

The absolute pressure is the actual atmospheric pressure, also called station pressure. This is not the barometric pressure or altimeter setting as is typically reported on the local weather report.

The vapor pressure is the partial pressure of the water vapor in the air.

For these calculations, the standard reference conditions are: Air temp 77 deg F (25 deg C), 29.235 Inches- Hg (990 mb) altitude-corrected barometric pressure, 0 ft ( 0 m) altitude, 0% relative humidity.

http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_cf.htm

A standard atmosphere in this explanation is different from the one posted in the earlier post. I can adjust my calculation to read the same correction factor as was posted, but the resulting correction factor will be different.

I'm not saying one or the other is right or wrong, I'm saying we should all be using the same one so our results are the same. Who uses this one and who uses the one that was posted?

Back