Dyno?

So u don't think if I run a jackshaft to the pump vs direct drive there would be a hp/torque change on final results? What about if I made a set of rollers on the floor to make a chassis dyno?

So u don't think if I run a jackshaft to the pump vs direct drive there would be a hp/torque change on final results?
My water brake runs on a jackshaft with 2:1 gear ratio. pump runs half the rpm of the motor.
It will run direct to pump also.
if you are using the stock Stutska gauges, you have to remember to correct for that. Excel spread sheets take the headache out. I did it for a couple of years until I went data logging.

Anyone built there own inertia dyno? Hard/easy cheap/expensive? What about using car brake pads and caliper for resistance instead of water or oil?

I have an old disc brake dyno that uses one disc brake and a floating caliper that butts up against a stain gauge. Very simple 1 shaft direct drive design. It was made for stocker flatheads.
When I dyno a larger HP motor like 20HP it still reads well as the strain gauge doesn't care what's pushing against it, yet loading a single disc rotor turns it red and puts on quite the light show.

I knew someone tried it lol leave it to motor heads lol.... I think if u had 4 big disks it would work like a water break
I have an old disc brake dyno that uses one disc brake and a floating caliper that butts up against a stain gauge. Very simple 1 shaft direct drive design. It was made for stocker flatheads.
When I dyno a larger HP motor like 20HP it still reads well as the strain gauge doesn't care what's pushing against it, yet loading a single disc rotor turns it red and puts on quite the light show.

I think Comp Cams made it years ago. The problem with any dyno is being able to record or review the results. My new chassis dyno uses Performance Trends data logger. With my old dyno a video of the strain gauge and rpm was used.

Back