Dynos/flow benches

Twinturbo88

What brand dyno and flow benches everyone have? What type or brand software are u using? If you don't mind sharing the amounts you have in these items as well. What type dyno do u feel is best? Inertia,water,or fluid? Did you build your own or buy ? If built where did you get your plans? Thank you for your time and help

Dyno is an Davenport Hydraulic Brake Dyno with Performance Trends data logger, sensors and software. Around $4000 invested and is very consistent and repeatable. Flowbench is a Superflow SF-600 with dual manometers and FlowCom computer. My wife gets on here too so I can't say how much is invested ther lol! I personally like testing with a brake style Dyno versus an inertia. Inertias give acceleration times which are great but overall I feel from a tuning and consistency stand point, brake styles are better. Coming from car engines which are pulled mostly on water brake dynos, it just seems better and second nature.

I built my own inertia dyno and use ontrack dyno. Works great! I have less than $800.00 in the dyno, computer and software.

We used OnTrack software as well. It was easy to set up, worked well and was reliable.

I remember the first night we got it all together; we did fifty pulls on an old tired Jr1 flathead. Ended up with a full 3/4 horsepower over where we started by just tuning carb and exhaust.

We built our dyno for just under a grand. Used an old Windows 98 PC and it worked great. The dyno became the best tool in our garage and our game went straight to the top.

DK

Dyno is an Davenport Hydraulic Brake Dyno with Performance Trends data logger, sensors and software. Around $4000 invested and is very consistent and repeatable.

We use the exact same set-up as Stunner Racing Engines....Davenport Hydraulic Brake Dyno with Performance Trends data logger, sensors and software

Back