E85 Predator 212cc build

110% VE consumed 28cfm, 70% consumed like 22cfm. I was using a larger example to express my throttle body is by no means what is capping me at 7500 rpm........
Just a little fyi info .
There is some stated flow numbers for ported clone heads at 35 cfm .
7500 is really pretty respectable for the camshaft that you are using .

Just a little fyi info .
There is some stated flow numbers for ported clone heads at 35 cfm .
7500 is really pretty respectable for the camshaft that you are using .
Thank you, I'm still on the stock cam lol. I'm looking into how to harden steel, to possibly try an harden the stock camshaft myself. I'd really love to throw some 26 lbs springs in there, but with my homemade ratio rockers it's already amplifying the 18 lbs springs as is, and you're not supposed to run 26's on stock unhardened cam

Use a degree wheel lap the flywheel then set your timing do away with the key torque it to 70 ft lbs.
you can download an image of a degree wheel have Office Max print it off and make your own wheel.

Use a degree wheel lap the flywheel then set your timing do away with the key torque it to 70 ft lbs.
you can download an image of a degree wheel have Office Max print it off and make your own wheel.
What timing are you suggesting? I'm running 32 right now

ahh gotcha, thank you
The fact that they're all not made the same is understandable, but a simple measurement with calipers can give you the necessary information to determine the exact amount of advanced they will give you. I have a spreadsheet that will do the calculations.
30 CUT KEY .75.jpg

I like what your doing aside from the "street kart". I'm sure it'll be fun when it's done but what about when you wreck and seriously injure yourself or someone around you. Sorry I've been doing this long enough to watch people come close to death, myself included, on a track where there is actual insurance in case something does happen. I've also been dumb before and wrecked toys that shouldn't have been on the street in the first place. In my honest opinion I'd take everything your doing and put it on an actual racing chassis and go race a rwyb class or something. Best of luck and I hope you upgrade the valvetrain to better components to be turning 7k+.

I like what your doing aside from the "street kart". I'm sure it'll be fun when it's done but what about when you wreck and seriously injure yourself or someone around you. Sorry I've been doing this long enough to watch people come close to death, myself included, on a track where there is actual insurance in case something does happen. I've also been dumb before and wrecked toys that shouldn't have been on the street in the first place. In my honest opinion I'd take everything your doing and put it on an actual racing chassis and go race a rwyb class or something. Best of luck and I hope you upgrade the valvetrain to better components to be turning 7k+.
thanks, and I plan on upgrading everything beyond what is currently done. I'm still working on the chassis, I still need a billet flywheel, stainless valves, cam. I currently have a 12/71 tooth combo I'm using, so max speed is only like 49mph @ 9000 rpm. I personally enjoy 0-60 speed, but after that I'm just not into going really fast. I have 4 cars, my fastest one is a built up mustang convertible, 3.73 gearing, car is fully modded out and basically setup for drag right now tho I don't go to the strip. I'm building the car for drifting, but changing a few variables you can switch between the two pretty easily. I just enjoy being insanely quick 0-60 through town and that's about it. I don't even enjoy driving the car on the highway really. I've had crotch rockets, I rode 1 on the highway once, didn't enjoy it. I'm just a pussy when it comes to speed lol.
Anyway, I have a race helmet and I'm not really worried of wrecking the kart. 24~ horsepower in a little kart isn't a lot to me, and in fact I'm designing this chassis to be able to throw a crotch rocket engine on it eventually, I just wanna be able to drift at tolerable speeds and have a blast. Again, not a speed freak, I'm not scared of low speed playing around :)
20191013_235317 (Medium).jpg

This is my first time using a pipe bender. I failed 4 times, but I finally got the hang of it and I'm actually proud of my work. I got a lot of work left to do which is fine, I enjoy having a project to occupy my time with. Wish my projects didn't occupy my income as my as they do tho :LOL:

thanks, and I plan on upgrading everything beyond what is currently done. I'm still working on the chassis, I still need a billet flywheel, stainless valves, cam. I currently have a 12/71 tooth combo I'm using, so max speed is only like 49mph @ 9000 rpm. I personally enjoy 0-60 speed, but after that I'm just not into going really fast. I have 4 cars, my fastest one is a built up mustang convertible, 3.73 gearing, car is fully modded out and basically setup for drag right now tho I don't go to the strip. I'm building the car for drifting, but changing a few variables you can switch between the two pretty easily. I just enjoy being insanely quick 0-60 through town and that's about it. I don't even enjoy driving the car on the highway really. I've had crotch rockets, I rode 1 on the highway once, didn't enjoy it. I'm just a pussy when it comes to speed lol.
Anyway, I have a race helmet and I'm not really worried of wrecking the kart. 24~ horsepower in a little kart isn't a lot to me, and in fact I'm designing this chassis to be able to throw a crotch rocket engine on it eventually, I just wanna be able to drift at tolerable speeds and have a blast. Again, not a speed freak, I'm not scared of low speed f**kin around :) View attachment 6699
This is my first time using a pipe bender. I failed 4 times, but I finally got the hang of it and I'm actually proud of my work. I got a lot of work left to do which is fine, I enjoy having a project to occupy my time with. Wish my projects didn't occupy my income as my as they do tho :LOL:
Looking good!!! We drag mini bikes we run 13/65 and a 3000 stall good for them 60+ mph runs.If you wanna stick with the 12 driver 58 rear does great also but it's a touch below 5 to 1 ratio.

Looking good!!! We drag mini bikes we run 13/65 and a 3000 stall good for them 60+ mph runs.If you wanna stick with the 12 driver 58 rear does great also but it's a touch below 5 to 1 ratio.
I'm prolly gonna try some different ratios. I just ended up with a 12/71 setup for pretty cheap, cards fell into place that way. The eBay auction actually originally advertised a 59 rear sprocket but the seller sent a 71 for some reason (included a lot of rear axle items) so I figured I'll just wait to switch ratios after I get it going! I accidentally ended up with a 3d motorsports manual clutch too. Offered a low ball amount and they accepted it, so that's the clutch I'm starting with. Figured the 71 axle gear would work better with that also. I may switch to a normal clutch eventually but we'll see how things pan out, I have no plans til I see how it all handles together!

I'm prolly gonna try some different ratios. I just ended up with a 12/71 setup for pretty cheap, cards fell into place that way. The eBay auction actually originally advertised a 59 rear sprocket but the seller sent a 71 for some reason (included a lot of rear axle items) so I figured I'll just wait to switch ratios after I get it going! I accidentally ended up with a 3d motorsports manual clutch too. Offered a low ball amount and they accepted it, so that's the clutch I'm starting with. Figured the 71 axle gear would work better with that also. I may switch to a normal clutch eventually but we'll see how things pan out, I have no plans til I see how it all handles together!
yes with the 3 d it would be a good start.

Sorry to hijack this thread a bit...
You all do 1/8 or 1/4 drag racing?
Mainly small block drag racing or big blocks?

Back