Ec. Stock appearing carb

plus. an .018 hole in from the pump side of the diaphragm into he carb bore. shape the throttle shaft, and some work on the snake eye's

Jon he did have penny in his description, which is funny cause most know he had S.A. shafts and butterflys ready for sale when he did the write up. I think he was describing his old school methods ;)

Ya, we never made one out of a penny, they are .750 diameter but round and .057 thick which is unacceptable being to restrictive, maximum shutter thickness we used if brass is around .030, our production stainless shutter was .020. I once made a shutter out of the bottom of a soup can for a limited carb I ran that was .010 thick. Jon

saw a piece of a pop can used one time. It had very little throttle control. had to retire from the event.

EC Stock Appearing Carb

There was on the old site a page that the late great ec bert wrote on building a stock appearing carb any one have this info thanks

Popatop you still looking for that EC Stock appearing carb build sheet? I found one in an old file of mine.

EC Stock Appearing Carb

I'm going to have to scan it into my computer and send it as a file. It's about 6 pages long. Not real sure how to post it. Any help out there?

I'm no computer guy . I think maybe after you scan it in, you could cut, copy, and paste it 1 page at a time.
Hopefully some one has a better way . EC must have spent some time typing out all that stuff.

Yeah about 4 grand'll cover it...just kidding, I'm going to post it in about 30 min. This is classic EC stuff and I am sure he would want me to pass it on.

Yeah about 4 grand'll cover it...just kidding, I'm going to post it in about 30 min. This is classic EC stuff and I am sure he would want me to pass it on.

So what ever happen to the post of ECs instructions? It's been longer than 30 minutes. Been 4 years and 3 months to be exact. Need this info.

B6AB17B2-04EB-4EB4-BEF8-F1D0618FF7A5.jpg

Thanks funky ole.
I new there was a penny in there.
Any chance anyone has the article on preparing piston rings ? Or any of the other work , that was some great info.

EC wrote an EC speed secretes book and sold them. He also wrote a series of articalls that was published in the karter magazine. I have an analog file of EC's work that I studied from in the past.

Back