Educate me. 196cc Clone

ggodwin

Please educate me a little. 196 cc clone are typically 6.5 HP if I’m understanding correctly. But, what is a normal Horse Power after one is built?

I think most of the builders and dyno guys will concur on this that we can show you escalated numbers on our dyno to sell motors but to the real builders it is an invaluable Tool for what we are looking for in torque and hp not only that but where to bring in the clutch and of course we look for certain rpm ranges that we label for gearing for the customers and so much many more things that all most see is torque and hp but one of the most important tuning tools after the build !!!

I think most of the builders and dyno guys will concur on this that we can show you escalated numbers on our dyno to sell motors but to the real builders it is an invaluable Tool for what we are looking for in torque and hp not only that but where to bring in the clutch and of course we look for certain rpm ranges that we label for gearing for the customers and so much many more things that all most see is torque and hp but one of the most important tuning tools after the build !!!
If you put 5 different, out-of-the-box, L0206 engines (or equivalent) on the dyno, what does your dyno say the horsepower is out of each? And people should understand that a 6.5 HP rating is at 3600 RPM, correct. That's not telling you what the maximum horsepower is, it's telling you what the horsepower is at 3600 RPM. Those 5 out-of-the-box engines should all read very close to 6.5 hp, right? If they don't, just recalibrate your dyno software so they do, right? Of course I'm assuming you know what the air density is, or better yet, the temperature and the barometric pressure is. Of course there's always humidity too, but it's such a small part of the equation you can pretty much relegated to high or low.

I use performance trends newest software and has built in weather corrections pretty much foil proof and I bet if I put 6 on 2 might read close but if you calibrate the governor to read 3600 I would almost guarantee that the torque and hp still would not be the same like buying an automobile both with 350 engines I bet rite off the lot one out runs the other everything being equal

Back