Electric Drag Cars

Much like tuner cars . If its what you do then go for it .
Ijust recently got a hybrid . Its definitely different . I looked under the hood and. Nope im not fixing it .

Much like tuner cars . If its what you do then go for it .
Ijust recently got a hybrid . Its definitely different . I looked under the hood and. Nope im not fixing it .
Heard from a trade school ASE professor that his school bought 1 tesla, a Nissan leaf, and some all electric Toyota thing so that they can start teaching electric mechanics to their students. He said the tesla was the simple-est of the 3.

At it's core its easy, red to red, black to black. The complication is doing it on something so heavily used. As soon as they can get me a truck that can tow 16K for 16 hours a day, I'll be the first in line.

Side note, as an avid RV'r, trailer puller, etc. I have done some reading where one of the leading ideas for powering trucks and Semi's is for trailers to have solar panel roof materials and generators on the axles. More or less slowing the rate of discharge as much as possible. The longer the trailer, the longer the trip. Seems pretty cool to me.

Better get on the train now, or be left stranded when gas stations no longer exist. Solar energy for the win!

No more open highways, take your electric car to mass transit. Hopefully won't happen before 2024.

You'd better have a look at what's going on in Europe to understand all this electrical mess is not the solution. They are paying much more for power, and on peak hours (the ones most of us use for common tasks) the price is extremely high. If everyone would decide to store energy or charge during the cheaper night hours then the price would be more expensive during those hours too, so it is a no win situation. Add the price of those cars. Do you really think everyone can afford a Tesla? Only those who can are really throwing the speech of being green and blah, blah, blah. They are also restricting completely the traffic to most vehicles in big cities overseas, but do you really think a worker can carry all his tools and stuff using public transportation? It is just a big rip off to change the power from some companies to new ones and pay more for it. Just be careful what you ask for because then there won't be any way back.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd better have a look at what's going on in Europe to understand all this electrical mess is not the solution. They are paying much more for power, and on peak hours (the ones most of us use for common tasks) the price is extremely high. If everyone would decide to store energy or charge during the cheaper night hours then the price would be more expensive during those hours too, so it is a no win situation. Add the price of those cars. Do you really think everyone can afford a Tesla? Only those who can are really throwing the speech of being green and blah, blah, blah. They are also restricting completely the traffic to most vehicles in big cities overseas, but do you really think a worker can carry all his tools and stuff using public transportation? It is just a big rip off to change the power from some companies to new ones and pay more for it. Just be careful what you ask for because then there won't be any way back.
Personally, cost of electric isn't a concern at this point, and neither is the grid at the moment. I am designing my own solar system that will power everything I need, and I believe that it can work. Trailers with additional batteries and solar for long trips or OTR trucking.

I believe the price of the cars will come down as electric becomes more common. Think about it, you can buy a Mercedes or a Focus, both do the same job.

Move out of the city, traffic solved.

Having worked construction in cities like New York, D.C., Baltimore, etc. I can tell you that it sucks, but I have carried all sorts of odd ball tools to and from job sites. Miter Saws, Tool boxes, saws, air compressors, entire windows, etc. Carrying a 200lb window 25 blocks in lower Manhattan sucks, but it happens all of the time.

Personally, cost of electric isn't a concern at this point, and neither is the grid at the moment. I am designing my own solar system that will power everything I need, and I believe that it can work. Trailers with additional batteries and solar for long trips or OTR trucking.

I believe the price of the cars will come down as electric becomes more common. Think about it, you can buy a Mercedes or a Focus, both do the same job.

Move out of the city, traffic solved.

Having worked construction in cities like New York, D.C., Baltimore, etc. I can tell you that it sucks, but I have carried all sorts of odd ball tools to and from job sites. Miter Saws, Tool boxes, saws, air compressors, entire windows, etc. Carrying a 200lb window 25 blocks in lower Manhattan sucks, but it happens all of the time.
I've been a project manager for about 8 years, I still work daily with my hands, I've been a Commercial mason for 37 years, no way am I packing my tools that far, and thank God I don't live in the city
No way where I live will the system be able to carry the load, solar is in the works for this summer for just my home, but I won't be build a super system and a trailer to tow around, just adding more amps to a heavy draw cycle isn't going to help much

As I say, it is a lack of planning in the long run thinking you can just move to all electrical. Even electrical power needs a source, and it has been proved solar and wind is not good enough in a large scale, and i know what I mean because Spain is one of the countries with more potential for both due to the climate but still it only works with big money from the Government for the companies involved, and that's what they are trying to do here, steal more money from your taxes and give it to their friends on those companies.

200 # window 25 blocks . Yea two unions 5 guys or gals .
2 to do the work , 2 to stand around and one tells em what too do .
Yes im pro union but thats a standing joke .
When you can pull a 33 foot fifth wheel weighing 13,000 lbs 80mph 12 hrs with minimal stops , then im interested .
It takes dreamers though to get it done .

Back