Electric equivalency

Is that drive it like ya stole it mode ?
Or Granny mode .
Zero to 60 in 13 seconds there is no stole it mode lol. Seriously I made fun of these cars for over 20 years. Got one because price was right and needed something fast and 2 weeks later I was hooked. Went from Harrisburg to Pittsburgh yesterday 67mph with cruise and did just over 45mpg. They actually do better around town.

Yea i picked up a old Ford escape hybrid
Not quite as good 28-25 with my driving but beats my truck by a long shot.

My 2014 flexi fuel dodge grand caravan 172,000+ miles after having coil packs and plugs changed still reads 23+ when cruising.

I can baby it up and down hills to get a few more but it's a lot of work so I don't.
After going to dirt races for awhile a new air filter adds about a mile per gallon but not quite.
Just enough to see a difference.
Never tried flexi fuel but Sheetz cheaper 88 doesn't seem to hurt mileage..

Again not a big deal for a hybrid doing 53 mpg. There are plenty of Turbo Diesel cars in Europe even from 20 years ago that can do 50mpg at higher average speeds like the one I keep there. Again this has nothing to do with the environment or saving energy, it is just politics and replacing some powerful businesses by new ones like Tesla. There are even gas cars that can make way over 60 mpg. and they are cheap to keep and do not need the expensive and bad for environment batteries.

Last edited:
i have a promast diesel 20mpg with trailer will tow 6000 lbs . 2014 they dont sell it any moor in the usa its the fiat ducato in europe. i get 29 with out it was not clean enough emissions for the us i have 350000 mile on it bought it new great van.

If you check out the rotax grand finals from Abu Dabi. The E20 is there electric kart. They are here now.
Check out YouTube on the graphine in batteries. The part that is most interesting is it is sustainable, recharge rate is 20% faster. Batteries are not flammable. Have been punctured with nail and does not explode. Cheaper to manufacture. Lighter and smaller.

When people start loosing to the electric Kart you will see a shift. this is where everything is headed like it or not. i find it funny when people complain or want to stop progress. you cant deny the fact that a typical Tesla family car will destroy former super cars. 0-60 in under 3 second is faster than a lot of sport motorcycles. people are already complaining about the current fuel prices (still cheaper than bottled water) have never purchased gas in Europe. we will never run out of oil. when it costs $50 -60 a gallon people will beg for an alternative.
If you check out the rotax grand finals from Abu Dabi. The E20 is there electric kart. They are here now.
Check out YouTube on the graphine in batteries. The part that is most interesting is it is sustainable, recharge rate is 20% faster. Batteries are not flammable. Have been punctured with nail and does not explode. Cheaper to manufacture. Lighter and smaller.
Check this out … Vextrek https://fb.watch/cVpBjjz2hD/

When people start loosing to the electric Kart you will see a shift. this is where everything is headed like it or not. i find it funny when people complain or want to stop progress. you cant deny the fact that a typical Tesla family car will destroy former super cars. 0-60 in under 3 second is faster than a lot of sport motorcycles. people are already complaining about the current fuel prices (still cheaper than bottled water) have never purchased gas in Europe. we will never run out of oil. when it costs $50 -60 a gallon people will beg for an alternative.
Well said. As for “losing to an electric kart …”. Correct as well :) https://fb.watch/cVpBjjz2hD/

Well said. As for “losing to an electric kart …”. Correct as well :) https://fb.watch/cVpBjjz2hD/
Well, my V6 Jag is not way slower 0-60 than a Tesla, and if I get the V8 it will be around the same 0-60 as the Tesla, but anyway if the Tesla goes faster than my V6 0-60 I just need to wait for a few miles and then pass it once it runs out of battery, lol. That plus wait for the increase of the prices of electrical power. In Europe power bills have increased like a over 300% in a couple of years, so good luck charging your Teslas, and good luck with the clean environment when those Tesla charging stations are actually powered by big Diesel engines. what a joke!

The primary advantages of electric are like the Wankel on steroids -- massive torque, infinitely controllable, easy traction control. The downside will be motor cost / development. Initially it will seem equitable, but once it's taken seriously, parallel development of the controllers AND motors will obsolete everything. I bring the discussion up now to foster discussion about a framework. Electrics will be orders of magnitude quieter, which eliminates some of the thrill for me, but also makes racing far more palatable to neighborhoods... There are pros and cons to everything.
I'm not sure what kind of rotary engine you are talking about but rotary's are not known for torque below the moon ... an electric motor can deliver peak HP and torque @ 10 rpm and maintain a flat hp and torque until the battery is dead. Any soccer mom wagon will smoke a 10 second rotary from a 5 mph roll on until it's tach is 2 thirds across the dial.

I'm not sure what kind of rotary engine you are talking about but rotary's are not known for torque below the moon ... an electric motor can deliver peak HP and torque @ 10 rpm and maintain a flat hp and torque until the battery is dead. Any soccer mom wagon will smoke a 10 second rotary from a 5 mph roll on until it's tach is 2 thirds across the dial.
The Rotary isn't noted for lots of torque (without lots of rotors) but it's LINEAR torque curve is/was its' advantage. The Electric takes that advantage and supercharges it by boosting the available torque and controllability. My RX-7 (Gen II NA) wasn't particularly gutsy, but it loved to scream, and handled well.

why do people always bring up the Wankel. it was a turd then and a turd now no compression no longevity and in competition they have to lie about the displacement in order to compete with conventional engines. if it was any count it would have surpassed the internal combustion engine. I am always mystified why people bring this obscurity up as if it was some kind of superior engine platform. Its is far from that.

why do people always bring up the Wankel. it was a turd then and a turd now no compression no longevity and in competition they have to lie about the displacement in order to compete with conventional engines. if it was any count it would have surpassed the internal combustion engine. I am always mystified why people bring this obscurity up as if it was some kind of superior engine platform. Its is far from that.
That's not correct, sorry to tell you. We have put in my Wankel 10 year racing and at sprint asphalt tracks it has been as fast as the fastest KZ shifters, so fast and reliable with lower maintenance than any other kart engine. A Wankel is a great engine if you know what you are doing and keep the right temps, which is really easy if you do your homework with setting the right radiator and right angle for it when you 1st install it and keep the right jet. Only issue with Wankels is that they are no good business for shop since they can run forever if taken care of. I could have bought 3 Wankels ith the money I have spent in a shorter period on my Sudam for example. And by the way, technically a Wankel is an internal combustion engine with more than one chamber, but still an internal combustion engine. Have you ever tried one, or do you own one? I am not in favor or 2, 4 strokes or Wankels, I don't care about the argument, just the facts. I have owned and raced any kind of kart engines, I have raced cars too and when I go to Spain in summer I still test my friends road Rally cars, still own like 30 kart engines, and it is hard to beat the performance and reliability of the Axro, for example. Better than a stroker Sudam, and as good as my Modena KZ shifet wich is a factory tuned engine with all the whistles and cost even more than the Aixro aka Wankel.

Last edited:
Back