Electric lift battery

About 2 weeks ago I bought a used kartlift electric lift. I believe it's the Winchlift LT. It has a lawn and garden battery on it. I just tried using the lift and the lift sounds sluggish and slow, and will not lift the kart. I am assuming it's the battery. Someone had mentioned to me a while back that with electric lifts to use a battery with the highest CCA rating. Exactly what type of battery do I need to get for this? Also, can a lawn and garden battery be charged off of my car battery?

Yes you can charge from your car. Need to have car running to be most effective.
Battery needs to be charged. Does not create the power to run the winch. A new battery will be no different.

A battery charger is a good investment. Don't have to be fancy or expensive.
Time is generally the factor between a 2 amp, and a 10 amp charger.

Ditto, just replace and/or charge the current battery.
Even an overnight battery tender will work, but a charger as 95 shaw suggests is better.
We have two electric lifts and hook a battery tender to them over night. They'll work fine for a three day enduro event.
Clark Gaynor Sr.

A small car battery or a lawn and garden battery
Fitment is the key . 12 volt after that it's available amps.

I think I'm going to charge the current battery and go look at getting a battery charger. Those things cost around 30 bucks for one.

Get a deep cycle agm style battery made for power mobility scooters. I use one made by MK Power. They can take a good draw and recover well, we go weeks between chargings. Check your winch too the cable get bounds up and makes it hard for it to do its job.

Get a deep cycle agm style battery made for power mobility scooters. I use one made by MK Power. They can take a good draw and recover well, we go weeks between chargings. Check your winch too the cable get bounds up and makes it hard for it to do its job.

Thanks for the advice. I will look into this.

Back