Electric powered go kart

Steve,
We had an indoor concession track here locally that went out of business after a year or so.

There's a guy that regularly posts videos of his electric powered sprint kart that looks pretty impressive. I haven't seen him on this site though.

The Purdue Grand Prix (sprint kart sorta - with roll cage is a race for college students) now has an electric grand prix event.

Battery technology keeps getting better (and lighter.)
It's still going to be a tough sell to the old school crowd of race fans and builders alike.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I always anticipate someone showing up in the open rules or "rwyb" class, with electric, and destroying the field.

Maybe it's been done, but I think it will take bold steps in the transportation industry before the older generations get on board.

All the souped up electric race cars I've seen, seem to be in a much superior league of their own.

There are some kart racers in the Seattle area, smart guys, that had put one together a couple of years ago but set it aside for a while. Looked promising. Maybe one will see this and chime in.

Top kart USA out of Indianapolis had one at Daytona a couple years ago. So weird not hearing an engine.

Back