electric starter issue

spincycle

this is gonna sound crazy, but here it goes, using an electric starter to fire up a ltd mod animal, if the motor doesn't start right away where you have to let it crank over a few times, the wire from the starter motor to the positive terminal on the battery keeps on wanting to burn up, its a pretty old starter, I even noticed sparks coming from the front of the starter motor, is it just simply a case that the motor is worn out and maybe shorting somewhere, or is it something else?

this is gonna sound crazy, but here it goes, using an electric starter to fire up a ltd mod animal, if the motor doesn't start right away where you have to let it crank over a few times, the wire from the starter motor to the positive terminal on the battery keeps on wanting to burn up, its a pretty old starter, I even noticed sparks coming from the front of the starter motor, is it just simply a case that the motor is worn out and maybe shorting somewhere, or is it something else?
If your arcing inside the case it's junk, it's worn enough or broke loose and it's touching the case is why it's arcing. I had one do the same thing, melting wires and arcing. If it's just weak with a good battery then you got a brush stuck or there worn.

Back