***Eliquis***

Yep cost like heck but my doctor at the local VA clinic gets it for me from the VA otherwise I think it's about $500 a month.

Anything I'm prescribed to take daily by any doctor if I mention it to my VA doctor he adds it to my VA prescription list.
They just sent me a 90 day supply which is 3 bottles.

edit: If I had to pay for my scripts it would be around $2500 a month.

Thanks my Military Draft and being able to be in Medicare and Social Security.

Last edited:
I couldn't take blood thinners. I had the watchman device surgery in 2017. No more blood thinners. I highly recommend it.

Yep cost like heck but my doctor at the local VA clinic gets it for me from the VA otherwise I think it's about $500 a month.

Anything I'm prescribed to take daily by any doctor if I mention it to my VA doctor he adds it to my VA prescription list.
They just sent me a 90 day supply which is 3 bottles.

edit: If I had to pay for my scripts it would be around $2500 a month.

Thanks my Military Draft and being able to be in Medicare and Social Security.
That's the least they should do for our VETS , Ticks me off to NO END, when I see all the homeless folks out there with all the mental Illness these pour soles have and our government does nothing, other than setting back and watch city or borough workers force them to move, When it's SOMEONE that SERVED OUR COUNTRY it REALLY TICKS me off.
I know nothing about the Med in question or the watchman device as a treatment not much help with any info of any value, Something I've been wondering about as I have my final appointment coming up on July 20th where I'll get at least hopefully get APPROVAL for having the Deep Brain Stimulator Surgery , and get it in place so I can get off most if not all the Carbidopa Levodopa pills I'm taking for my Parkinson's Tremor, started out with 3 pills a day in 2018 and they were only 25 mg / 100 mg , to now a 25 mg / 250 mg pill EVERY 2 hrs, 10 to 12 pills a day, plus 1 pill a day of something called Rasagiline 1 mg Doc refers to it as a BOOSTER, ANYONE know anything about DBS I should be aware of ? as right now I'm SOLD on it, Put a template in place, drill 2 holes that have to hit with in lets just say VERY, VERY, VERY close to a certain spot in my brain insert wires into holes into my brain run wires under my skin down my neck and chest into the stimulator, energize it, and adjust the electronic pulse, The box is approx 4 " by 4 " 3/4 " thick, it will be under my skin on my Left chest area BECAUSE I shoot right handed can't interfere with that, as I'm a MUCH better person when I kill something every now and then, Every 4 yrs go in slice er open pull it out put new battery in, back in stitch er up and back out the door, I've meet the surgeon and confirmed he's a real mechanic not just a parts Swapper, with over 1500 surgery under his belt, not a lot of hair BUT good bit of GRAY hair, and he's in Hershey Medical Center here close to me with a reputation of being top notch facility, of course biggest risk is bleeding internal after the fact, or it gets infection in there as a precaution must stay 1 night , open to any suggestions especially ones with experience , Of course I know PRAYER and put it in Gods hand other than that I'm all ears .

Hope all goes well Ken . Son in Law is going for the same thing here soon .
1 more to the prayer list !! About how old is he if you don't mind me asking, How far along in the process is he, Did he start the initial conversation about it as an option he was interested in, or did his doctor present it to him.

45. Been on the med regiment for a couple years . Universaty Dr.'s Presented it . Just started the planning stages .

45. Been on the med regiment for a couple years . Universaty Dr.'s Presented it . Just started the planning stages .
Not that it's good news to have to even deal with it, but since he does that info makes him a prime candidate for it , my surgeon told me I'm the second best candidate for it he's ever had.

Had the cardioversion yesterday, doctor did it 3 times twice with one machine and then at a higher voltage with another.

Said it didn't do nothing for me and is turning me over to a electrophysiologist.

... butt, I'm feeling great today ?????? go figure

Back