Emmick international pro

84 W40

Hi, looking for more information on this Emmick international pro. Not new to go karts, had one back in the mid 70's but a racing kart yes its new to me and its not mine it followed my son when he came home from work two days ago.
I did find some information on line but not alot. It does start and the brakes do work, tires do need to be changed they look small for the rims. Motor does run strong not sure if its original to the kart. It still has the original paint. There is one thing that looks strange to me is the brace for the seat. Its even connected to rear axle bearings. I did see another international pro on line but the brace looks different. I do have pictures and will be asking alot of questions and help.
20200531_205917.jpg
20200531_205859.jpg
20200531_205843.jpg

No that all looks correct .
Nice peice . Vintage racing be perfect .
Needs nerf bars to be complete .

No that all looks correct .
Nice peice . Vintage racing be perfect .
Needs nerf bars to be complete .

It is missing the left side nerf bar
So those seat braces are original to the kart and does something mount to back of the braces?
My son would like to restore it, I would like to finding original pictures of it when new as a guide.
Vintage racing sounds like fun

I am not a sprint expert . They do look like the sprint style , those mounted to the bearing hangers unlike oval karts . The mounting points could be for number plates , body work or fuel tank .
Restoring would be best .
VKA has a website if you do not get any otherinput here .

Neat piece. Tires are correct -- that's just how kart tires are. Fronts are typically more "square edged" than rears, but still have a little arc to sidewalls. That Comer K125 was a popular budget class for a while in the early 2000's but doesn't exist now. A Yamaha KT100 would be a cheap and period-correct (and vintage eligible) replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neat piece. Tires are correct -- that's just how kart tires are. Fronts are typically more "square edged" than rears, but still have a little arc to sidewalls. That Comer K125 was a popular budget class for a while in the early 2000's but doesn't exist now. A Yamaha KT100 would be a cheap and period-correct (and vintage eligible) replacement.

My son and I are trying to learn and gather as much info to restore it and have fun with it.
I do have a few other questions,
should the rear tires be out further and same with the front
those seat braces that are on it, should it be replaced with originals
the clamps that are mounted on both rails on each side close to the front of the seat, how is that adjusted
Yamaha KT100 will be a future purchase.

Rear track width somewhere from 50" - 55" depending on handling, fronts are typically in further (unless racing in rain.) I'd leave it as-is for seat supports, etc. Can't advise on seat mounting.

Rear track width somewhere from 50" - 55" depending on handling, fronts are typically in further (unless racing in rain.) I'd leave it as-is for seat supports, etc. Can't advise on seat mounting.

Thank you for the rear track spec, its a good starting point.
If you look at my avatar you will see two silver clamps in front of the seat or behind the gas tank. They are clamped to the side rails, what I gather is they can be adjusted so the center of the frame will have less flex what little info I read about it. I just want to learn more about it.

Thats pretty much the jist of it .
How much change or effect only testing will show.
Back will stiffen the rear , forward will stiffen the front and removed will be most flexible .

Thats pretty much the jist of it .
How much change or effect only testing will show.
Back will stiffen the rear , forward will stiffen the front and removed will be most flexible .

Thank you for the information, I have a much better understanding how it works. So its mimicking like if you had springs.

Yes , the chassis is considered by some to be a spring .
I have a friend in Spain who was making some of the best sprint chassis I have ever seen and his design and tubing allowed the frame to work more independent from rear to back, like if it would actually had some springs or suspension in some way, but he didn't have the money to have the international FIA homologation that required to build lke 200 of them or more for each homologation while his chassis were doing great an National or regional level. He was able to homologate them later and he did great on ICC vs the top european builders. He told me a few stories about ho they really flex and are considered a spring. I did my best to pay attention and understand but what do I know.

I have a friend in Spain who was making some of the best sprint chassis I have ever seen and his design and tubing allowed the frame to work more independent from rear to back, like if it would actually had some springs or suspension in some way, but he didn't have the money to have the international FIA homologation that required to build lke 200 of them or more for each homologation while his chassis were doing great an National or regional level. He was able to homologate them later and he did great on ICC vs the top european builders. He told me a few stories about ho they really flex and are considered a spring. I did my best to pay attention and understand but what do I know.
drug back out. all I raced were emmicks. that kart is a eclipse pro. that was the last chassis built by EE in 09 when they closed. chuck

Back