Engine differences

Mrdavid78

Im just starting my karting career and have a million questions but my 1st is, the differences between a clone, lo206 & flathead (flathead is what i got on my kart). ..

Most of the time, each one of those you listed has their own class.....sometimes they mix them but, not usually!
Go to the tracks in your area that you plan to race at and see what classes they run.....that will give you an idea of what to have.

Clone, a cheap China knock off of a Honda that needs allot of aftermarket parts and blue printing usually used for oval dirt racing. If you like to tinker and modify engines and have lots of money this might be for you.

Flathead, Briggs Raptor out of production engine some places still race. Needs lots of blueprinting and aftermarket parts. Selling on the used market for $100 - $200. Getting hard to find parts.

LO206, Briggs purpose built kart engine, good price, very low maintenance and most popular right now, Most tracks have a class for this. no blueprinting needed has a sealed bottom end so no cheating possible, lasts forever between rebuilds. If there is a class for this at your local track you want to have one.

Sundog

Back