Engine killing with Bully clutch

Most reputable builders can handily take care of it. I know of one who can actually repair the hubs that have split along the keyway instead of buying a new hub.
Also, how much clutch endplay on the crank do you have? If none, or very little, that could be the problem. Slip a small OD 5/16 washer (smaller than 3/4) under the bolt and washer that holds the clutch on, which effectively lengthens the crank. If you had inadequate endplay you could be bound up. I run my clutches with quite a bit of endplay and the other positive result was than I have never thrown a chain since I started doing it.

Last edited:
Most reputable builders can handily take care of it. I know of one who can actually repair the hubs that have split along the keyway instead of buying a new hub.
Also, how much clutch endplay on the crank do you have? If none, or very little, that could be the problem. Slip a small OD 5/16 washer (smaller than 3/4) under the bolt and washer that holds the clutch on, which effectively lengthens the crank. If you had inadequate endplay you could be bound up. I run my clutches with quite a bit of endplay and the other positive result was than I have never thrown a chain since I started doing it.
ran into this exact problem myself last race of the season 2021 when putting things back together this spring crankshaft end play was to tight glad i didnt go and order a new clutch

Back