Engine location

Medic262

Hello all. I’m running a 2018 rival. I’m not a small guy. 6 ft and around 298. I have my seat mounted but my engine is too close and the chain guard hits my arm. I was wondering if there is a rule of thumb on where the engine should be to start out. Closer to center of kart or moved out some?

The problem with a Rival is it has a right side mounted brake rotor so moving engine to right is not an option. And handling is effected if seat is moved to left to far so it's kinda like your going to have very little options.

The problem with a Rival is it has a right side mounted brake rotor so moving engine to right is not an option. And handling is effected if seat is moved to left to far so it's kinda like your going to have very little options.
Our Triton has a right side brake and we have zero issues moving the engine to the right as far as it will go before the sprocket guards hit the caliper bolts.

You can move the engine to the right as far as you can , as long as you have a mount that lets you do so , everything is adjustable . You will need to get your seat left as well . If you move the engine to far forward it will cause issues with the chain , plus the clutch will probably hit the lip of the seat . How many links are in your chain ? You may be able to take a couple of them out to move the engine backwards some to give you a little more room . Get it on some scales also , to see where you numbers are .

Unfortunately moving the seat much more to the left isn’t an option I have it over pretty far now. I have a small amount to move the motor to the right. I’m not sure on length of chain yet I haven’t counted it. I guess I’ll need to wait and get it on scales and go from there.

Being a big guy kind of hurts you with the option side of things. I sell lots of these so folks dont burn their arm in these situations. Slides over the chain guard. Heat Shield.jpg

You can relocate it to the left side u max sells the bracket. My driver prefers them on the left any way.

Back