Engine mount for Lifan 200cc

Sparks

I was wondering how to mount a 200cc Lifan engine to a shifter kart frame. I have no welding knowledge, nor access to welding equipment, so I can't just make a custom one. Are there bolt-on mounts you can get for it? I've looked around and can only seem to find mounts for other engines.

Do you mean the dirtbike Lifan engine, or a clone kart engine? Likely a QRC mount could be modified to work if you mean the dirtbike engine. It will be slow, but fun.

Do you mean the dirtbike Lifan engine, or a clone kart engine? Likely a QRC mount could be modified to work if you mean the dirtbike engine. It will be slow, but fun.
I think It's the clone kart engine. Are the mounts different on the two engines?

The dirtbike engines use a cradle mount, the kart engines use a flat plate or surface with 4 holes or slots.

The dirtbike engines use a cradle mount, the kart engines use a flat plate or surface with 4 holes or slots.
Oh ok. There are no bottom photos of the engines so I couldn't tell what type of mount it has. So the first photo (The name brand non-clone) would have the cradle mount, vs the second photo(clone) would have a flat slot mount right? Or am I blind and they both have cradle mounts?

Attachments

• LIFAN1.PNG
    LIFAN1.PNG
    668.5 KB · Views: 49
  • CLONE1.PNG
    CLONE1.PNG
    369.9 KB · Views: 43
Okay hol'up. This engine isn't the Lifan model clone engine I thought we were talking about. Don't know anything about this model Lifan. I'm tapping out.

Okay hol'up. This engine isn't the Lifan model clone engine I thought we were talking about. Don't know anything about this model Lifan. I'm tapping out.
Were you talking about a horizontal one like this?

Attachments

• LIFAN2.PNG
    LIFAN2.PNG
    320.8 KB · Views: 11
It’s a cradle mount. One bolt in the front, one in the back. Just gonna be honest, to get a mount you’re either looking at making something homemade or something very expensive made by the open/outlaw machinists that make our custom components. Motor mounts for common MX engines we use aside from the common 125 platform run from 250-500 bucks. This would be a one off creation.

Yes, this will require custom fab. And it will be fun, but slow compared to the "real" shifter karts. Don't let that discourage you, but it won't be legal to race in any org on asphalt....and you'd need an oval chassis to race in UAS / RWYB.

Oh ok. There are no bottom photos of the engines so I couldn't tell what type of mount it has. So the first photo (The name brand non-clone) would have the cradle mount, vs the second photo(clone) would have a flat slot mount right? Or am I blind and they both have cradle mounts?
Both look like cradle mounts .
Fabrication is definitely going too be needed .

It’s a cradle mount. One bolt in the front, one in the back. Just gonna be honest, to get a mount you’re either looking at making something homemade or something very expensive made by the open/outlaw machinists that make our custom components. Motor mounts for common MX engines we use aside from the common 125 platform run from 250-500 bucks. This would be a one off creation.
Ok, thanks

Yes, this will require custom fab. And it will be fun, but slow compared to the "real" shifter karts. Don't let that discourage you, but it won't be legal to race in any org on asphalt....and you'd need an oval chassis to race in UAS / RWYB.
Thanks for your help!

No welding ability . Make everything bolt together , two straight bars in front and rear , to an angle iron on each side bolted to a standard base . If it's got a center mount even better .
You can flatten the ends on tubing as well . Instead of flat bar .

Last edited:
No welding ability . Make everything bolt together , two straight bars in front and rear , to an angle iron on each side bolted to a standard base . If it's got a center mount even better .
You can flatten the ends on tubing as well . Instead of flat bar .
Oh, that's a good alternative. I might just do that. Thanks for all your help!

Back