Engine package question

krtrcn

I would like to know if anyone has compared a hemi predator and a ducar side by side and how they compare to each other on the track.

Im talking straight out of the box nothing else done except set the governor to 5500 rpm.
Thats it.

Your honest and truthful options, no bs like on Facebook.

Yes we are allowed to run predator and ducar. Set at 5500 with governor. Straight outta the box and the ducar dominates the predator big time. The ducar is almost half a second faster.

The motors run in the same class and the people who come out there with a predator ends up ordering a ducar... Ducar is made by dyno cams and it's a way superior motor.

Some Tracks in Kansas do. Considered a clone. These are my local track rules. Yes these are the only rules for theses classes.
so as long as its a clone you run them together?
Id be finding another track, they have to have some kind of rules to tech by, those just look like class structures and not tech rules

again I didn" mention anything about running the 2 motors in the same class.
I should I have said has the same person raced, or tested either engine and which one did they prefer and why.

again I didn" mention anything about running the 2 motors in the same class.
I should I have said has the same person raced, or tested either engine and which one did they prefer and why.
A simple Google search answered the question I knew the answer to.
The dyno will be the better piece, better cam, springs, flywheel but more importantly dyno is watching quality control
This topic is covered in both clone sub forums

We run at several tracks and all the tracks dont run the motors together. Only 1 track we run at and it's a private track. It's a small sunday race around our town we have like 25-40 karts. Its asphalt. We have 5 classes. Novice, boner( which is predator, ducar,BSP, or whatever you wanna run with a governor and 5500 rpms on stand), A&B stock, and open.... I dont make the rules I just follow them and run the better motor. Just gave my 2 cents on what I believe is better motor

We also started out with the predator out there too. Straight outta the box bolted on and I'm the one driving. The way the motor pulls and runs isnt strong like the ducar. Like XXX said the quality control is way better and Dyno actually cares what they put out there.

Yep that’s it. So I’m new to karting. Actually never been on a track yet and I asked my local track a few times about the rules even asked some guys racing at the track about the rules and yep. Basically that’s it. And tech? What’s that? Next closest track is two hours away.
I would drive the 2 hours, if there isnt any tech its basically an outlaw track, run what you want until someone cries
No weight limits on classes I bet goes over real well.

Guys the replys have gotten way off base.
1 I dont care if tracks run 2 different engines together or not.
2 I didn't say anything about a tech man being there.
3 I know they're imported from overseas just like ever other motor except the Lo206.
4 I have no concern of track rules about their on whats allowed.

Ive searched youtube and goggle.
I haven't found base numbers on both motors. You will find how to upgrade to different stages.

I will rephase my question:

Has anyone dynoed the two engines to compare the two, and would they or you be willing to make those numbers public.
Thats all Im asking nothing else on this subject.
Its that simple, if I seem rude or short I apologize, some people who think they know everything actually know nothing and their replies show it.

The Ducar is about .25 -.5 hp at peak better but really pulls away from the predator from 4250 - 5000. That's my experience on my Hewitt inertia dyno.

Guys the replys have gotten way off base.
1 I dont care if tracks run 2 different engines together or not.
2 I didn't say anything about a tech man being there.
3 I know they're imported from overseas just like ever other motor except the Lo206.
4 I have no concern of track rules about their on whats allowed.

Ive searched youtube and goggle.
I haven't found base numbers on both motors. You will find how to upgrade to different stages.

I will rephase my question:

Has anyone dynoed the two engines to compare the two, and would they or you be willing to make those numbers public.
Thats all Im asking nothing else on this subject.
Its that simple, if I seem rude or short I apologize, some people who think they know everything actually know nothing and their replies show it.
Here's a novel idea, if you dont like the answers you get quit posting on a public forum, pick up the phone and call a few engine builders they will gladly tell you what you wanna hear.
Now hit the ignore button on my name, and next time you PM me I wont be so civil

Back