Engine Placement & “Driveline” Setup

BusterD

Any rule of thumb for where I should try to keep the engine placed on the Seraph? Rear clamp even with the nerf bar spud?

What are y’all’s thoughts on chain guards vs chain guides?

Are floating gear hubs a must?

Any rule of thumb for where I should try to keep the engine placed on the Seraph? Rear clamp even with the nerf bar spud?

What are y’all’s thoughts on chain guards vs chain guides?

Are floating gear hubs a must?
Place motor where you got room to slide both ways to go up 2 or down 2 driver sizes from what you mostly run with out taking out or adding chain links, and where that is it is as long as you scale it there.

I hope you mean gear guards VS chain guides as Chain Guard ( clutch guard ) is a must, We've never ran a guide, If I've seen 100 chains come off over the years 90 of them had no gear guard on, that tells me something.

NO floating hub in not a must just make sure alignment is right, but they sure don't hurt.

Place motor where you got room to slide both ways to go up 2 or down 2 driver sizes from what you mostly run with out taking out or adding chain links, and where that is it is as long as you scale it there.

I hope you mean gear guards VS chain guides as Chain Guard is a must, We've never ran a guide, If I've seen 100 chains come off over the years 90 of them had no gear guard on, that tells me something.

NO floating hub in not a must just make sure alignment is right, but they sure don't hurt.
We used to run wka and money races when I was in juniors before racing sprint cars so I’m not a total novice. We always ran gear guards (we just called them chain guards). I noticed since we’ve been out, guides are being pushed opposed to the guards. I agree, think the guards are the better option over the course of time.

As far as engine placement we would add or remove lengths to keep the rear clamp at the cross bar on our Nemesis.

And I go back and forth on floating vs static hubs. Is there enough chassis flex with a stock clone to justify? I figure a higher HP/torque application would lend itself to more flex and need to have a “floating” hub. But I’m no engineer ??‍♂️

Back