Engine Prices WOW !!!!!

i just got a new parts catolog in the mail yesterday ................

here goes :

BLUEPRINTED CLONE ENGINE W/PVL FLYWHEEL
* INCLUDES RACING CAM , AFTERMARKET VALVE SPRINGS , NEW STYLE TOP PLATE WITH THROTLE CONTROL LINKAGE , FUEL PUMP , PULSE FITTING , AKRA/WKA LEGAL CERAMIC COATED PIPE , MUFFLER HEAT SLEEVE , BREATHER VENT FITTING , EXTREME VELOCITY CARB , NEW HIGH FLOW AIR FILTER ADAPTER , CHOKE HOLD , HEAT SHEILD CHAIN GUARD AND DYNO TUNED . ALL PARTS INSTALLED AND RACE READY

STAGE 3 CLONE W/MINI PIPE $900.00
STAGE 3 CLONE W/BIG PIPE AND 1 5/16" MUFFLER $950.00

PLUSS SHIPPING !!!!!

IS THIS CRAZY OR WHAT ??? I KNOW I KNOW THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN BEATEN TO DEATH BUT THESE CLONE ENGINE PRICES ARE JUST NUTZ !!!!!!!!!

WE GOT OUR FIRST BSP ENGINE 5 YEARS AGO BUILT FOR US WITH A DRUM CLUTCH AND DYNO TUNED FOR $400.00 DOLLARS !!!!!!!!!!! WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO THIS ECONOMY ENGINE CLASS ?????

doesn't surprise me any! Just like anything that's suppose to be economical they open the rules up on them and the price climbs. and we wonder why we cant keep people in karting and scare those that want to race off. how often does a clone need rings or rebuilt?

repeating history - the flattys went the same way, just the flattys took a couple few decades to cost that, whereas the clones only took a few years. the 2 words "racing" and "economical" aren't meant to be used in the same sentence LOL

It is a shame. It will prevent a lot of good people, the kind that the sport needs to retain, from either jumping into karting or staying in karting. LO 206 is the only thing I see today that might, and I cant over emphasize the word MIGHT, keep an entrance level class available for the new folks and-or cost sensitive folks. It always ends up about the money.

I think the cost of engines is high, but I don't get too upset about it because I don't mind paying builders for their time. Fortunately you don't have to buy a lot of engines to race. On the other hand, the really high cost of karting is in the tires That's why I love the EL classes.

doesn't surprise me any! Just like anything that's suppose to be economical they open the rules up on them and the price climbs. and we wonder why we cant keep people in karting and scare those that want to race off. how often does a clone need rings or rebuilt?
Please explain how any opening up of the rules has caused the price increase.

Nogoats, I would actually prefer to race Animals rather then clones. Unfortunately, where I race that also means you have to run Maxxis pinks and blues and then my tire bill goes through the roof. If there were EL animal classes I could race in, I'd switch for sure.

When you go but an animal I understand why it cost so much the actual motor cost 400 or 500 then they put a couple houndered in parts, but the clone you don't have near the cost in. If I could build a motor that could keep up I would but I can't, so you gotta pay it, sucks. I'm not saying motor builders shouldn't make money there a business just like anybody els they got make money but just seems to be getting out of hand, and pretty fast.

When I began Kart racing in 1980, I could buy brandy new Yamaha KT-100 engines in the box for $350. -$360., in today's T.S. catalog they are $692. + blue printing. Almost double. A B & S flathead engine from Northern Hyd. cost $129.

Crying About Engine Prices

i just got a new parts catolog in the mail yesterday ................

here goes :

BLUEPRINTED CLONE ENGINE W/PVL FLYWHEEL
* INCLUDES RACING CAM , AFTERMARKET VALVE SPRINGS , NEW STYLE TOP PLATE WITH THROTLE CONTROL LINKAGE , FUEL PUMP , PULSE FITTING , AKRA/WKA LEGAL CERAMIC COATED PIPE , MUFFLER HEAT SLEEVE , BREATHER VENT FITTING , EXTREME VELOCITY CARB , NEW HIGH FLOW AIR FILTER ADAPTER , CHOKE HOLD , HEAT SHEILD CHAIN GUARD AND DYNO TUNED . ALL PARTS INSTALLED AND RACE READY

STAGE 3 CLONE W/MINI PIPE $900.00
STAGE 3 CLONE W/BIG PIPE AND 1 5/16" MUFFLER $950.00

PLUSS SHIPPING !!!!!

IS THIS CRAZY OR WHAT ??? I KNOW I KNOW THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN BEATEN TO DEATH BUT THESE CLONE ENGINE PRICES ARE JUST NUTZ !!!!!!!!!

WE GOT OUR FIRST BSP ENGINE 5 YEARS AGO BUILT FOR US WITH A DRUM CLUTCH AND DYNO TUNED FOR $400.00 DOLLARS !!!!!!!!!!! WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO THIS ECONOMY ENGINE CLASS ?????
You have 3 choices,
#1 Learn how to work on these clone engines and save money, buy a Original Box Stock Project engine and run a hone thru the big end of the rod, check the valves for seating and set the valve lash. Put a 38 main jet in the carb and go to the track. You can ask how to do any of these task on here and more. Later you can learn how to max the carb to a legal 615 and a lot other things you do to blue print one. This will not be a National Event engine but it will run good enough, if you run National Events you should not have problem paying an engine builder anyway.
#2 Pay the engine builder of your choice.
#3 Quit racing!!
I love these engines, it cost twice as much to build Flathead with same HP.

dont give your flat heads away.

I think thats too late Paul..
I really think if the flatheads weren't on the butchering block the clone may never came to be..

The numbers on here tell the story.
60% of the racers want a engine they can build or tinker with,, thats half the fun..
30% have deep pockets and buy the highest price engine out here,, ofcourse they have to be the best due to price >> :)
10% don't have time to work on their stuff as much and thus want to govenor race,,, theirs even a movement to run Predators with govenors intact,, and then you have the 206 deal

AS said above the numbers speak the real truth..

We build them all and hope all make it.. Of late the phone calls about Predators is >> what can I do to get around this and that,, whats new to help it run faster,, they say we have no real rules so what will this do etc etc.. Here we go again...lol

Back