Engine upgrades

Brad410

Hey guys, can anyone tell me what all i can change to make the most power without having to go to a machine e shop. Also what type of power will I be looking at with all the upgraded parts? Would like to stay running gas not alchohal
Thanks

The cylinder head is where the power is at, assuming you have a camshaft matching your rpm needs. Lots of guys providing ported and polished big valve heads, and you'll need to carburate to match the finished product.

you will still do cam, carb, big pipe, flywheel and filter, not sure about the head gasket, should probably put a billet rod in it too. (somewhere around $400-500) Local guy charged 60bucks to mill my head.

Study porting a bit and then look at your head and see where you think it needs some help. Less is more starting out.

Find someone local spend $50/100bucks and get it tuned to make sure you are getting all the power out of it, when you start changing all this stuff the jetting bounces around.

On RCJ's dyno like he said 12/14 range. Ive seen some guys doing the stuff he's talking about advertising 16-18. The main difference was they didn't have the stock appearing carb rule. If you can get a mikuni or something like that you might be able to get on up over 14, we haven't messed with anything out of the stock appearing carb rules.

Non hemi get the plus .040 rod and flat top hemi piston. That eliminates the head milling. Get a 2ft long 1inch piece of sand paper . sand the Sharp edge off the head.

Back