Enginetics parts ID

madweazl

I was going to rebuild the master cylinder and calipers but I'm not sure which kits I need. I think the master cylinder uses kit 904 but I'm not quite sure which calipers I have. I'm guessing they are the 700 based on the age and look. I also have bunch of shims; do these go between the caliper and the chassis to shim it to the rotor?

Just wanted to get a sanity check before I place an order.

50702515237_02a017419c_h.jpg

50702515112_78b89e14c0_h.jpg

50702556382_25d99368a6_h.jpg

Call comet kart sales they have the parts to rebuild the brakes but after all parts are said and done you are better off buying a new brake caliper... master cylinder looks pretty good though

For that caliper, shims are to adjust the distance from brake pads to rotor for pad wear, or thicker/thinner rotor.
As the rotor is adjustable along the axle, no need to shim caliper from frame.

Last edited:
I have matching master cylinder but I took it off and put billet brake caliper and master cylinder on it. I cant remember the exact model of master cylinder it is but it is just an enginetics like what you said. I have a rebuild kit for that master cylinder but it has been sitting for along time so it is probably bad.

Sorry to resurrect an older post, I have this same master cylinder and need to rebuild it, but am not seeing how to get the piston out. My kart and all the components seem to be old enough that they are no longer available or very hard to come by parts or compatible replacements. Thanks

The piston in the m/c is held in by the lever on the front of the unit. You’ll have to push the roll pin out then everything comes out.

Word of advice - be sure it’s completely empty - the spring pushes the piston out with a lot of force and it can be quite the mess.

The piston in the m/c is held in by the lever on the front of the unit. You’ll have to push the roll pin out then everything comes out.

Word of advice - be sure it’s completely empty - the spring pushes the piston out with a lot of force and it can be quite the mess.
The roll pin was stuck in pretty good, so it wasn’t obvious to me that that’s what needed to come out. Gave it a whack and eventually got it (and the lever/piston/spring) out.

Thanks!

Back