English

Hmmm
You understand enough to complain, so, what difference does it really make?

English is a descriptive language, probably the most so.

Tiers are running down my face. Lmao

Tares in the curtains let me peer at the pier with my peers.

Last edited:
Predictive speech to text and spell check . Isn't much smarter then a 5th grader .
Typically not as correct .

Predictive speech to text and spell check . Isn't much smarter then a 5th grader .
Typically not as correct .
The point was that these things are learned, mostly by repetition. The use of modern tools has lessened the repetition at the expense of not being able to "see" that what you wrote is wrong.
Pick up any newspaper or other publication. There are almost always spelling, word use, grammar, or punctuation errors in about any article you read. No one actually proofreads like was the norm when I was growing up. I still make my share of mistakes, but in some cases, am able to correct them when I see them.
I see math skills deteriorating the same way. If we do not use them, we lose them.

Amazing that the person advocating for using spreadsheets would complain that someone using the same type of tool for writing was doing it wrong.

The point was that these things are learned, mostly by repetition. The use of modern tools has lessened the repetition at the expense of not being able to "see" that what you wrote is wrong.
Pick up any newspaper or other publication. There are almost always spelling, word use, grammar, or punctuation errors in about any article you read. No one actually proofreads like was the norm when I was growing up. I still make my share of mistakes, but in some cases, am able to correct them when I see them.
I see math skills deteriorating the same way. If we do not use them, we lose them.

Amazing that the person advocating for using spreadsheets would complain that someone using the same type of tool for writing was doing it wrong.
I tend to type something, send/post it, then read it. I have to edit almost everything I post for little grammatical errors.

The deterioration of math skills is simply terrifying. If you cant do math, then every number or stat you hear must be accurate.

Back