Entry question

If you have many races left and a full season on these .
Now would be a good time to experiment on them it will be cooler and dew falling in the evning .

have you rolled any internal ?
No matter , I would be using Krug in the evening time .

I have not rolled them. Carlsons rolled them his way, other than that ive just wiped outside. Yellows by the way. They duro right around 45 and up now. I think if I got them down to 35 they'd be good for the wetter track.

Trac Tac SAA grape would be a good choice as well for both this time of year and early spring when tracks first open up.

Too much front stagger will cause an exit push. LF camber seems a little too high as well. But as long as you are fast and running up front I'd be more inclined to say your issue is more to do with tires.

Ideally, front stagger should be no more than 1.5". 1.75" or more would require you to flip your caster numbers to compensate for the reduction in caster that the chassis "sees". The 1.75" of front stagger coupled with your camber is why the LF is not in contact with the track as it should be. Only about 1/2" of the inside of the LF should not contact the track. I'd take out some front stagger then adjust the camber if needed. Just a little difference in the LF can make you a lot faster.

Msquared - Understanding Chassis Theory and Dynamics

Long long time since reverse caster has been mentioned .
Would this require a reduction in the current high cross setup ?

No. I ran 70% cross with reverse caster back when 60% was considered high. The main thing with reverse caster is you have to start with at least 2.25" of front stagger. If that is too much the kart will push coming off. Reduce front stagger by 1/4" at a time, reset your numbers. Once you find the sweet spot you will be gone from the pack. The main thing with reverse caster is that it allows you to cut under someone coming off and it just not bind the kart. That speed coming off lets you shoot down the front straight and as that momentum builds you just run away. One note: I always used 1/4" drop spindles. I always wanted to keep the washers on the front as even as I could to increase adjustability. You will also need to adjust your cambers a little. A lot of people do not want to fool with front-end adjustments but that is where you will find some real speed.

I know there are people out there who say front stagger has no affect on a kart. Front stagger does all kinds of things with the way a kart handles. It changes the roll angle (tilt) of the chassis at the front. It changes the pitch angle (front to rear tilt). And all of this changes weight transfer which is what we want to manage.

Anyway, give it a try. Just be ready, the steering feed back in the turn will be different. Once you get used to it you will love it!

Msquared - Understanding Chassis Theory and Dynamics

Back