Entry question

Lucky_7

Kart has been great on dry slick and dusty. The last three races the track has changed and started to hold more moisture. So I changed my at track prep and for the most part the kart is still fast. My problem is I have lost the rotation on entry. Kart feels tight on entry and it will push very slightly from center off. I dont want to mess with the push until I fix the entry problem. What changes are needed to free up the kart on entry?

Good call as the entry problem as most likely it's the reason for the push, first I would experiment with taking little air out of the RF see if it's just lacking grip.
What are you current camber settings ?

Last edited:
I think, and ill check later, its 2.5-RF and 3/4-LF.

The LF may be a little high and I say that from reading the tire. The inside 1"-1.25" of the tire is off the track. Again I've noticed this and have thought about moving the camber down a bit. But it handled great on the dryer track so I left it...

Good call is the entry problem as most likely it's the reason for the push, first I would experiment with taking little air out of the RF see if it's just lacking grip.
What are you current camber settings ?

ditto: If you get your entry fixed and gain some rotation/turning at entry, you won't have as much turning to complete on exit and your exit push probably will go away.

Now how to do it i'll leave for the experts on here to help you out. ... :)

Lf camber is 7/8 of a deg. Rf camber is 2 deg. Front stagger is 1 3/4, rear stagger is 1 5/8. Caster is 10 and 12.

Oh sorry, I assumed we were all talking about the front... rear is 1 3/4", track is a small 1/10.
I always wonder when people are talking about stagger and they only talk about the length of the track? I would think, but what do I know, that when you're talking about stagger you would want to know the radius of the turn. Isn't that the whole point of stagger, getting both wheels rolling, rather than one sliding, around the corner? It can be calculated!

I always wonder when people are talking about stagger and they only talk about the length of the track? I would think, but what do I know, that when you're talking about stagger you would want to know the radius of the turn. Isn't that the whole point of stagger, getting both wheels rolling, rather than one sliding, around the corner? It can be calculated!
That's simple use this as an example he's saying a 1/10 IF turns were LONG SWEEPING it would be an 1/8 th.

Numbers should be fine, RF neg camber at only 2 I would increase to 2.25 min, but I'd say 80% of your issue you experienced on entry was tire and prep related due to the abnormal track condition.

Okay, I was leaning that way since I am using palmetto med for the wetter conditions. But I've thought about something more aggressive. I'm very careful not to kill the rubber....

Okay, I was leaning that way since I am using palmetto med for the wetter conditions. But I've thought about something more aggressive. I'm very careful not to kill the rubber....
Yes Medium is not aggressive enough for wet slick, palmetto used to make a soft heavy that worked well for wet not sure what replaced that.

You would almost need a second set of tires, Yes more aggressive for when wet, but will not work for dry conditions.

Back