Epic Chassis Setup

LP21

I just bought an epic kart and was wondering if anyone could help out with a baseline setup for it. I'll be running a flathead motor with vega yellows on an asphalt oval. I’ll be running in the 425 weight class weighing in at about 205-210.

Thanks in advance!

I just bought an epic kart and was wondering if anyone could help out with a baseline setup for it. I'll be running a flathead motor with vega yellows on an asphalt oval. I’ll be running in the 425 weight class weighing in at about 205-210.

Thanks in advance!
Was the kart previously ran on asphalt or dirt?

As far as I know it has always been ran on asphalt
Jump in it and run it, if you have a problem get it on the scales and see where your at.
Always being run on asphalt it may already have an aluminum axle, 5 degree LF L block and spindle, LF tire on the LR etc.
Unless you totally stripped the kart down, possibly close now

Sounds good. I was actually going to get it on the scales this weekend any baseline numbers I should be aiming for?

Thanks in advance!
The track I'm going to be running at is a flat track with long straightaways and tight turns just some extra info

This is what works for us:
47 nose
60-61 left
52-55 cross on a smaller track and up to 58-59 on something big. Stagger track dependent, camber .5 left 4 right and caster also track depending but I’d start at 10/7 and go from there. We’ve always had big roll speed with our champ. This should get you in the ball park.

This is what works for us:
47 nose
60-61 left
52-55 cross on a smaller track and up to 58-59 on something big. Stagger track dependent, camber .5 left 4 right and caster also track depending but I’d start at 10/7 and go from there. We’ve always had big roll speed with our champ. This should get you in the ball park.
Thank you!

Back