Epic Flat Kart

mcnicol25

Picked up a used Epic flat kart, trying to figure out what year it is, are there serial numbers somewhere on the kart. Only numbers I can find so far are on the master cylinder mounting bracket.

No serial numbers, anywhere from 2007+. They changed a few things and made an Epic Evolution in later years. Post some pics. Mine was a 2008, master cylinder was by brake pedal. They weren’t all like that though, and the earlier ones did not have clamshells

Yep, master cylinder is up front by the brake pedal. Clamshell retainers. Not a fan of the lack of tick marks on the L Blocks. How do you know what your castor setting is? I'll get some pics tonight. Anyone ever run one on concrete syrup?

No serial numbers, anywhere from 2007+. They changed a few things and made an Epic Evolution in later years. Post some pics. Mine was a 2008, master cylinder was by brake pedal. They weren’t all like that though, and the earlier ones did not have clamshells
All Epics except 1 had clamshells.
Evolution was released in 2010, 1 change from the other Epics, they are easy to spot. Last part of 07 and 2008 was the only year for the forward Master cylinder

Last edited:
Yep, master cylinder is up front by the brake pedal. Clamshell retainers. Not a fan of the lack of tick marks on the L Blocks. How do you know what your castor setting is? I'll get some pics tonight. Anyone ever run one on concrete syrup?
Even with caster marks you don't truly know where it's at.
Those marks are based on the chassis being dead level

Picked up a used Epic flat kart, trying to figure out what year it is, are there serial numbers somewhere on the kart. Only numbers I can find so far are on the master cylinder mounting bracket.
If it's an Epic, someone else put the numbers there, it didn't leave the shop like that, 2001 R1 was the last kart to get numbered

05103200-64CF-41FE-8567-C29A9A6AD135.jpeg

Lol homie look at the tube in front of the motor rail, in 08 it was round
Mine had the same peice, mine came from Lake Foster I was under the impression it was a 2008 for the 10 years I had it lol.

Good to see you getting some fresh air on here Mike, hope you and the family are doing good!

Mine had the same peice, mine came from Lake Foster I was under the impression it was a 2008 for the 10 years I had it lol.

Good to see you getting some fresh air on here Mike, hope you and the family are doing good!
Could of been an early 08, that piece was a hold over from the R1, basically when they ran out, it was just as easy to use tubing
Never effected performance, just a production thing.
The Epic is just as fast today as it was when it was released, they were all the same basically.
That's a name I haven't heard in years.
Wonder how him and Rick are doing?

Back