Epic Flat Kart

That girl was still fast up until I had to cut her loose two years ago, she went up against some of the best in the area. Liked it a little better than the vortex. I see Rick post every once in awhile on Facebook not sure what they’re doing with their time these days. I remember watching lake flip end over end at Shellhammers trashed a new epic champ

First attempt at scaling last night ended with an "Epic" fail...lol. Steering shaft way too short, probably for a Jr. driver in it's previous life. Needs a extended heim on the RF to get it laid down far enough. Found out Phantom L blocks won't bolt on, they are considerably shorter. The locating pin on the RF castor plate was in the rear hole and rusted into the plate. Ended up having to cut it off flush and then drill it out. Made a new locating pin and stuck in the forward hole. Will change the steering shaft tonight along with the RF heim. See if we can get the numbers in the ballpark.

Older Phantom L blocks might work, either phenom or icon then they started making them shorter. You had too much camber with that heim or not enough? Is there thick washers?

Round 2 of scale session went much better. Swapped the steering shaft and tie rods, then reset the toe. Installed Extended Heim on RF and set the camber, 0 LF, 1 1/2 RF. Running small block open on a bullring, so no bashing cause they aren't you're typical speedway numbers. 1.75" stagger front and rear. Cross 58, Nose 47, Left 57. Good place to start. Will keep you posted on results. First time on the track with this ride will be tonight.

What year is this says 2004 epic champ

Attachments

• 1D6A6CF8-0E6E-4EDA-99C4-BEBA47998BDF.jpeg
    1D6A6CF8-0E6E-4EDA-99C4-BEBA47998BDF.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 56
What year is this says 2004 epic champ
No such thing as a 2004 Epic, the Epic was released in the fall of 06 as an 07 model.
2004 would be an R1, it was identical to the Epic, the only difference is the front hoop was a 2 bend.
All production Epics had clamshell cassettes.
If that is a 1 radius front hoop, that is a prototype Epic built in early 06

Back