EV 6 intake center line

112 works.. Depends on software you're using to calculate horsepower but 111 to 111.5 makes more horsepower but doesn't show up with correction used on most software these days.
Use latest casting carbs with bottom cut off pilot, .045 high side air bleed, .0×× low side bleed, 2 hole etube, .036 main.
220 grit perfect sunnen honed cyl with lap compression ring, 900deg scrapper ring and 3.6 lb oil ring.
Hope this helps.
EV

112 works.. Depends on software you're using to calculate horsepower but 111 to 111.5 makes more horsepower but doesn't show up with correction used on most software these days.
Use latest casting carbs with bottom cut off pilot, .045 high side air bleed, .0×× low side bleed, 2 hole etube, .036 main.
220 grit perfect sunnen honed cyl with lap compression ring, 900deg scrapper ring and 3.6 lb oil ring.
Hope this helps.
EV

Happy new year buddy. I knew ya couldn't stay out of it.

Hope this helps.
EV
Eric, are the ev6 cams still available anywhere?

Mr Don is correct, Speedkarts purchased the rights to that camshaft.
I'll give some details as to why this cam was my favorite of all time in the next couple days when I get time.
EV

I got 4 clones running Vause cams... 1 with the EV4 and 3 with the EV6... they are never short on power I’ll tell you that. Still having a bit of a fit with the plate motor yet... but I’ll get it nailed yet.

Hope this helps.
EV
I wanna know a lil more about cutting the bottom off the pilot... ;) Eric you never cease to provide killer info!

Hope this helps.
EV
I wanna know a lil more about cutting the bottom off the pilot... ;) Eric you never cease to provide killer info!
Hope this helps.
EV
.oxx ???? low side air bleed??

Hope this helps.
EV

Eric,
Can you explain lapping the compression ring?

Couple ways to do it . A perfectly smooth peice of glass or marble . Peice of say 800 grit wet dry sand paper lay the ring on there and rotate in a figure 8 with lubricant.
Best if you have a holder for the ring , cut to the diameter and half depth .
You might be able to use fine lapping compound .
EC said to finish off on brown paper .
The purpose is to get a perfect seal against the ring land .
Also ring to ring land clearance .
Additionally ive heard of lapping the ring to a cylinder .
Hopefully Eric explains his method .

Back