Everyone switching back to recon

Slowturn

So I have noticed a lot lately people are getting off the scythe and back on recons, what is the deal? What is it with the scythe causing people to want go back ?

We have never been on recons as we came from prodigy to the scythe 095 , we do struggle for speed at times however I feel it’s more us then the kart.

What seems to be the issue?

Even noticed Daniel Armstrong was back on recon as a lot of other top name phantom guys..

It's interesting to me that it's the Recon everyone wanted back, let alone is actually swapping to. The few I knew that had Recons weren't happy with them, and it's not a kart that seemed very popular even among the fast guys.

It was always very weird that the most popular kart ever made the Triton wasn't the one that made the come back.
So what is it about the Recon that everyone all of a sudden made everyone want it over the Triton, let alone the Scythe. Because the Scythe from what I've heard most say is as close as you can get to the Triton but faster and just as friendly setup wise. We tend to agree with these statements as the one we run is quite fast everywhere we go.

Now we don't run stock with our Scythe, so I can't really comment on speed, we just press the right peddle for that. But, setup issues is nothing any different than we've ever struggle with on dirt. The right tires and it's fast.

It's interesting to me that it's the Recon everyone wanted back, let alone is actually swapping to. The few I knew that had Recons weren't happy with them, and it's not a kart that seemed very popular even among the fast guys.

It was always very weird that the most popular kart ever made the Triton wasn't the one that made the come back.
So what is it about the Recon that everyone all of a sudden made everyone want it over the Triton, let alone the Scythe. Because the Scythe from what I've heard most say is as close as you can get to the Triton but faster and just as friendly setup wise. We tend to agree with these statements as the one we run is quite fast everywhere we go.

Now we don't run stock with our Scythe, so I can't really comment on speed, we just press the right peddle for that. But, setup issues is nothing any different than we've ever struggle with on dirt. The right tires and it's fast.

we run stock stuff , scythe handles great everywhere we go however we do struggle with speed sometimes but always in the ball park.

Just watched a WKA race where I did not even see 1 phantom kart in the adult class, all premier , charger and 1 Millenium . Blows my mind.

We have a Premier and a Recon and they’re both good in their own realms. The heavier set guys like the Recon because it’s a very stiff chassis. I was surprised myself to see the Recon come back instead of the Triton. It’s a 10-11 year old kart and still winning.

I've owned at least 5 Recons along with several other Phantoms. While I liked the Deuce my driver didn't. So if we were to ride Phantom again I wouldn't hesitate a bit to buy another Recon. I found them to be very consistent. We would occasionally get asked but other local Recon owners what our trick was to find speed on them. In reality we used factory numbers.

Along with several Phantoms, we've rode about 70% of other modern makes and models. I don't know how one can form a strong opinion without riding one for themselves. As with everything karting related the little things can make a difference. I don't know if there is any kart currently being manufactured that couldn't complete at a high level if in capable hands. There's a lot of personal preference that plays into it. For me the chassis we ride is heavily influenced by what we want to do with our tire program.

So I have noticed a lot lately people are getting off the scythe and back on recons, what is the deal? What is it with the scythe causing people to want go back ?

We have never been on recons as we came from prodigy to the scythe 095 , we do struggle for speed at times however I feel it’s more us then the kart.

What seems to be the issue?

Even noticed Daniel Armstrong was back on recon as a lot of other top name phantom guys..
im not a phantom guy, but they have not been very competitive the last few years it seems like. The kinetic, and chargers been up front

Recon is the last Kart I truly have a ton of experience with and from day one I thought there is no way they can get the chassis any, or much better than this, there was nothing I didn't like about it. All karts have weakness' but that thing is amazing. Karting has always been very "clicky" soo many top guys run chassis because maybe they get them for free or their engine builder tells them what to run etc. and so on. Only place I think the Triton is unbeatable is Daytona due to its massive adjustability of lead and the axle movement, good thing they only do indoor tech indoors.... other than that give me a recon. There is no test like the test of time and it will be interesting to see what the story is in ten years. I hope that documentary comes out before the Covid one....

Back