Exceed cage kart

My oldest son thinks he wants to try out a cage kart, he drives a 15 exceed flat kary right now, Wondering if anyone makes a conversion kit and if so how did it work. Or would I be better off to find something already setup TIA

There are places that make cages for flat Karts that you bolt on and add belts, you take rear bumper off your chassis and rear of cage slides over chassis tubing then the front is built like a seat strut and bolts on chassis tubing they work very well, BUT do your homework not all tracks allow them most run a true champ kart which is built specific with cage being welded to the frame, I know J.C. Specialty makes bolt on cages you can find there web site top of home page, but you should be able to find a shop close to you to avoid shipping.
Heads up MOST kids that learn in a flat kart find out they don't like the cage after they try it, especially the true champ buggies.

I run both a bolt on cage and a true champ. I prefer the champ. I have a friend that converted a flat kart to a champ kart and it works very well. His son has won a lot of indoor races using it. The problem with the conversion is the wheel base on a flat kart is too small to meet the specs for a senior champ. It would be alright as a junior champ though.

Back