57 left
60 cross
47 nose

2.6rf
.5lf

11/14 on caster

Vega tires 3psi left 4psi right

OPEN class.

The second I begin to turn for the corner, the entire chassis feels like it's floating. It's almost impossible to even brake for the corner without spinning out. The remainder of the corner is decent, exit is decent. I'm just losing a tremendous amount of time on entry. I dropped the left from 57 to 54 and the nose to 45. It DID get better, but it's not enough to make much difference. Any thoughts on what I'm missing here? 1/8m track. Cridersville to be exact. I'm contemplating going radical on some setup numbers to get better. What I have is just not cutting it.

My thoughts are to drop caster and camber. Put left to 54, nose to 45 and cross back down to 58. Why? I'm running out of ideas. Haha. Been prepping with black sand. Preparing now to switch to BTGP. Any tips would be appreciated.

Last edited:
What track width, are the tires prepped similar to others that are running well. Or do you have any idea?

How far is the RR distance from inside edge of wheel to frame ? Also the LR ?
Details of how the seat is mounted, entire seat bottom compared to bottom of chassis tubing ? Seat height top back of seat off the axle. ? Have you raced this chassis before. ? Give details,

I would increase cross.
Caster is a little high, probably take that down to 9 & 12.
As ken noted - make sure seat is right. Seat has to be right on any kart raced.

Seat is approximately 9.5 off axle.... I will say that it has been moved left a good bit, but the back still lines up with the brake rotor.

Seat WAS really low... Rubbed the bottom. Moved it up, right near top of frame rail l.

Left rear was about 1 inch off hanger. Right rear is about as close as I can get it to frame.

I've run this chassis for a while ... Never experienced this issue. Maybe my tires are just junk? I've been prepping with this combination for years without issue. The only big change I've made this year vs last is that I went to 1.5 inch stagger in front and 1.25 in rear..... I have usually done 1 inch front and 1.5 rear..... Also trying 14/11 caster instead of stock 10/7. I plan to put it back to last year's numbers this week. Just figured I'd ask about it before I made the jump.

Seat is approximately 9.5 off axle.... I will say that it has been moved left a good bit, but the back still lines up with the brake rotor.

Seat WAS really low... Rubbed the bottom. Moved it up, right near top of frame rail l.

Left rear was about 1 inch off hanger. Right rear is about as close as I can get it to frame.

I've run this chassis for a while ... Never experienced this issue. Maybe my tires are just junk? I've been prepping with this combination for years without issue. The only big change I've made this year vs last is that I went to 1.5 inch stagger in front and 1.25 in rear..... I have usually done 1 inch front and 1.5 rear..... Also trying 14/11 caster instead of stock 10/7. I plan to put it back to last year's numbers this week. Just figured I'd ask about it before I made the jump.
For loose on entry VCG would come into play if to low, with bottom of seat being up and back at 9.5" that's doesn't apply here. The fact that the caster is higher numbers is not the issue, that only effects what the driver feels, a heavier feel, more split would have effect on loose on entry but would not be the only issue with it being so extreme. When we had the Excentrik I had to go out of the box to find speed and only 1 ' of front stagger was one thing I found, But 1/2" of additional front stagger would not cause extreme loose on entry either. Sounds like it was better with other numbers SO I'd go back and start over tweak a little at a time and let the stop watch decide what and how much.

That setup will not be great, probably no better than he has in it. That setup just isn't good for most normal stuff. On a really good and I mean really good south east track that setup wouldn't be bad.
I have run close to these numbers and been very competitive with cross between 68-70
Was this kart run on asphalt or dirt previously may want to check the spindle degree just a thought.

For loose on entry VCG would come into play if to low, with bottom of seat being up and back at 9.5" that's doesn't apply here. The fact that the caster is higher numbers is not the issue, that only effects what the driver feels, a heavier feel, more split would have effect on loose on entry but would not be the only issue with it being so extreme. When we had the Excentrik I had to go out of the box to find speed and only 1 ' of front stagger was one thing I found, But 1/2" of additional front stagger would not cause extreme loose on entry either. Sounds like it was better with other numbers SO I'd go back and start over tweak a little at a time and let the stop watch decide what and how much.
Thanks man... Gotta try something else. What I'm experiencing right now is the worst this kart has ever been... But I've been too bullheaded to go back. Time is now.

Went ahead and ran these numbers last night....

46 nose
55.4 left
57 cross

1" front
1.5" rear

12/9 caster
.7lf 2.5rf

Kart was 100x more secure. At the traxk... Added 1/4" stagger to front, removed 1/4" in the rear. Raised back of seat 1/2 inch. Won 2nd heat and feature. Kart still needs a smidge more, but I'll blame the prep for that.

I'm putting this near for others and for my own future reference haha. Thanks everyone! I'll rescale this week and get the numbers with the at track adjustments.

Back