Excessive Spooge From Exhaust Pipe

20K_RPM's

Am I running too much oil in my mix? There seems to be a big pool of spooge on the base of the cylinder right under the pipe after running it a few minutes. Do you guys think it can actually be a leak from the base of the cylinder gasket coming out from the transmission box? Is that even possible to leak oil from the transmission case there? I think it's just extra spooge...... do you think I should lower the oil in the mix?

I have a blueprinted Honda CR80 and running a 40:1 mixture.

Here I go again with the advice. I raced these engines for several years. This leakage you are talking about is from your pipe. If the header o-rings are not changed often (like every race) it will leak. Some have used high heat silicone but I liked changing o-rings so I did not have to clean up the silicone. Personally I don't think you have enough oil (you need 8 oz to a gallon). But for some reason I don't think you are racing, just playing so I don't know a whole lot about that. These are fun engines. On our rough tracks the power of an 80 would let you drive it but the power of a 125 meant you were riding it.

Here I go again with the advice. I raced these engines for several years. This leakage you are talking about is from your pipe. If the header o-rings are not changed often (like every race) it will leak. Some have used high heat silicone but I liked changing o-rings so I did not have to clean up the silicone. Personally I don't think you have enough oil (you need 8 oz to a gallon). But for some reason I don't think you are racing, just playing so I don't know a whole lot about that. These are fun engines. On our rough tracks the power of an 80 would let you drive it but the power of a 125 meant you were riding it.

Yeah, this motor is quite the thrill. :) I have a Honda CR125 dirtbike w/ stock motor and this CR80 sounds soo mean compared to it. I wasn't used to hearing what a blueprinted motor sounds like as I've never had a dirtbike motor with work being done to it other than the usual reed/pipe/silencer deal..... so you can imagine the surprise look on my face when I heard that motor roared for the first time, it scared me! Sounded like the racing gods from above struck upon thy motor with the force of a thousand lightning bolts with no mercy given on thy's soul........ in awe, I was, the beast has awaken from it's slumber. :cool:

With that said, do you think a simple O-ring can do the trick? Here's hoping so, I freakin' hate leaks on a motor.... just hate it.

Back