Explain c-clip setting like I'm 5.

I've been getting a lot of work done on my own karts lately and wanted to learn how to tune the pz22 carb. Jets, I found those. Float setting, got that. C-clip setting??? cannot find that! Is this old brain missing something?

Can anyone explain this to me, pix will help a lot. Many thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
going from my knowledge of many motorcycle carburetors you have 2 jets in a carburetor like that. an idle jet and a main jet. the needle slides up and down into the main jet and the idle jets sits off to the side. somewhere there is an air screw but do not know if its adjustable on the l206 .your idle jet does just what it says it meters the fuel at idle. the main jet is wide open full throttle and the needle adjustment is used to meter the fuel from just cracking the throttle to when your wide open and the main jet takes over. if you are bogging at just cracking the throttle the needle jet is to high . you want your motor to be crisp and robust all through the rev range and the needle jet does just that. Running oval we are mostly wide open and the main jet is of the most concern. I would suggest getting a Color-Tune to adjust your carburetor or a spare exhaust pipe with an O2 sensor bung welded on if you really want to know the best setting for your carburetor.

Back