Explain Clutch stall and Benefits

ZFracing

Hello,

we have to run drum clutches at our local track, I've been using a hand me down max torque (don't know what spring it seems to engage around 2200 rpm). With that being said I'm looking at upgrading to a Hillard Flame with bully conversion. Can someone explain what clutch stall is and the benefits of changing it to me? will it make my kart faster overall, just off the line?

we run a 212 with certain modifications, the weight class is 370, this is a video of what the track looks like Click for video

Thank you for any help!

Hello,

we have to run drum clutches at our local track, I've been using a hand me down max torque (don't know what spring it seems to engage around 2200 rpm). With that being said I'm looking at upgrading to a Hillard Flame with bully conversion. Can someone explain what clutch stall is and the benefits of changing it to me? will it make my kart faster overall, just off the line?

we run a 212 with certain modifications, the weight class is 370, this is a video of what the track looks like Click for video

Thank you for any help!
Just off the line which ends up little more speed quicker.

Right before you go out on the track next time spry a half second long squirt of tri flow in 3 different spots between the clutch shoes and the basket. Then get ready to feel what clutch stall is all about and and more than likely win the race. It wont last very long but as long as you dont burn it all off before the green flag you will definitely out pull your competitors a as long as they aren't doing the same thing. I have been doing this almost daily on my minibike with my max torque without a single problem. Just wish it would last longer. Once you feel some good clutch stall you will be bored with the regular old lock up tho. That's the only down fall to this.

W
Right before you go out on the track next time spry a half second long squirt of tri flow in 3 different spots between the clutch shoes and the basket. Then get ready to feel what clutch stall is all about and and more than likely win the race. It wont last very long but as long as you dont burn it all off before the green flag you will definitely out pull your competitors a as long as they aren't doing the same thing. I have been doing this almost daily on my minibike with my max torque without a single problem. Just wish it would last longer. Once you feel some good clutch stall you will be bored with the regular old lock up tho. That's the only down fall to this.
Wouldn’t that cause slippage

W

Wouldn’t that cause slippage
That's exactly what stall it's just called stall when you are talking about performance. Your gonna love the way it comes to life. I sure do. I actually decide to buy a disc clutch a few months after trying this method and fyi. My max torque is still ready to run just like on day one.

Back