F1

flattop1

Dawg 89
Vettel and Weber of red bull team . Looks like no love between them.
Could not even shake hands after the win.
9 consecutive wins for Vettel

Red Bull lost a great driver in Webber , because of having to play second fiddle to Vettel, and certainly not the same equipment. I wish him well . It was demanded of Webber to obey team orders, but not Vettel . Red Bull will never had a top driver to team with Vettel as long as they have to KHA .

I was always a big Mark Webber fan, back to his Mercedes sportscar days. I'm looking forward to watching him develop the Porsche LMP1 sportscar program into a LeMans winner. I'll miss him in an F1 car, and I'll miss his refreshing F1 interviews. I don't think he ever got a fair shot. He held his head high and didn't fall into the political drama that dominates F1.

I'm sorry, Webber is a very good driver but in the upper echelon of motor racing called F1 he is an average driver at best. It is ridiculous to even think he doesn't have the same equipment as Vettel, remember Webber is Mateschitz's favorite. No one in their right mind would even think of not giving Webber the same equipment as Vettel knowing how Mr. Mateschitz feels about him. It's unfortunate for Webber that Vettel came along when he did as Vettel is one of those rare and gifted drivers you rarely see. He's there with Foyt, Andretti, Parnelli, Senna, and Schumacher. It is probably fair to say with Vettel's talent Red Bull has been tailoring the car to his driving style and that may have hurt Webber some. But with 4 straight driving and constructor titles who can argue? The statistic that sticks out in my mind is Red Bull would have won the constructors title this year on Vettel's points alone!

http://www.racer.com/schumacher-vettel-vs-webber-comparison-shocking/article/323021/

I'm sorry, Webber is a very good driver but in the upper echelon of motor racing called F1 he is an average driver at best. It is ridiculous to even think he doesn't have the same equipment as Vettel, remember Webber is Mateschitz's favorite. No one in their right mind would even think of not giving Webber the same equipment as Vettel knowing how Mr. Mateschitz feels about him. It's unfortunate for Webber that Vettel came along when he did as Vettel is one of those rare and gifted drivers you rarely see. He's there with Foyt, Andretti, Parnelli, Senna, and Schumacher. It is probably fair to say with Vettel's talent Red Bull has been tailoring the car to his driving style and that may have hurt Webber some. But with 4 straight driving and constructor titles who can argue? The statistic that sticks out in my mind is Red Bull would have won the constructors title this year on Vettel's points alone!

http://www.racer.com/schumacher-vettel-vs-webber-comparison-shocking/article/323021/

When your backed by one if the richest teams in F1 and have all the best equipment, and engineers working on your car of course the driver is going to be winning or at the front consistently. There's always a #1 driver for a team and that's the driver that gets all the new gear first, and the #2 driver, Webber in this case, gets less attention as well. Vettel in my honest opinion has no real talent compared to all the drivers you listed. Hamilton, Button, Webber, or Raikkonen would all be dominating F1 if any of them had Vettel's team and car.

When your backed by one if the richest teams in F1 and have all the best equipment, Vettel in my honest opinion has no real talent compared to all the drivers you listed. Hamilton, Button, Webber, or Raikkonen would all be dominating F1 if any of them had Vettel's team and car.

1) Ferrari is the richest team in F1, not Red Bull. And they have Alonso.
2) You may be right about Vettel having no talent but I'm thinking he does based on what he has achieved so far in his career and what other drivers like Shumacher and Andretti say about him.
3) Interesting you mention Button & Webber in your list, both very average F1 drivers. Button only won a driving title by being in a truly dominating car with a double diffuser that no one else had. Webber was in the same car as Vettel yet could only manage 9 wins in how many years?

Vettel has become a polarizing figure because he is so good and is dominating the sport, thus a lot of people have either turned on him or just don't like what he has done. That's ok, human nature is to root for the underdog and he certainly isn't. But not liking someone and not respecting them are two different things. Like him or loathe him Vettel deserves the respect he's earned. That's my humble opinion.

Back