Fabricating an intake manifold adapter

fatjet87

Hi everyone, I'm wanting to install a predator style carb on my Briggs flatty. Has anyone ever tried this. I'm going to make an adapter to bolt it on. What material would be better suited to use, aluminum, delrin, or plain steel? Also how does the length of the intake manifold affect how the engine performs? Like would a shorter intake have less bottom end and more top end or vice versa? Anyone that's done this care to point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Material type would be dictated by your ability to manufacture said item..
Delrin would provide a heat stop.
Shorter is best overall imho.
Kind of a small bore vs the standard carb.

Negative, seems I have way too many irons in the fire, and most are ready to be hammered out. Thing is I have way too many hobbies, I always seem to come back around to karts though. Maybe 1 day I’ll make an adapter to see how well a predator carb would run on an old flathead.

Negative, seems I have way too many irons in the fire, and most are ready to be hammered out. Thing is I have way too many hobbies, I always seem to come back around to karts though. Maybe 1 day I’ll make an adapter to see how well a predator carb would run on an old flathead.
I think I remember coming across this project on YouTube. But it’s been awhile

you might have more fun if you put the PZ carb off an animal or WF. Faster Motors sells and adapter. works great !!

You would be getting rid of the fuel tank -- that's the only advantage I can see. Going to the animal (or better yet World Formula) carb would be a good step up.
You can easily make your own manifold from the steel animal manifold.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back