Facebook down....

Darn, it's open again. Oh well.

I honestly wish bobs was setup more like fakebook, as crazy as that sounds. I just wish there was more engagement overall. Like a social media, for kart racing only.
A place for videos and pictures. Where profiles, teams, drivers and sponsors could be more glorified.
A go kart fakebook.

Please don't attack me for this. I meant it in a positive way. For the sport.

Oh my . You mean full of ads , pop ups , scammers and trackers .
No Thank You .
Now a unified information web site could be cool .
Problem is who pays and does all the work ? Vettes the info . Controls the chaos ?

Oh my . You mean full of ads , pop ups , scammers and trackers .
No Thank You .
Now a unified information web site could be cool .
Problem is who pays and does all the work ? Vettes the info . Controls the chaos ?
Dont know how much you use Fbook, but I dont have ads, pop ups, and the likes.. Now the "groups" on there, that sell karting stuff is a fiasco to say the least... But I will say, when I 1st started this venture in kart racing, I was "took" in a deal I set up right here on Bobs.. Pretty dominant tire guy in Kentucky, you all prolly know who Im talking about.. I wont deal with him no more though..

I predict the FB outage (and the others) were a warning shot across the bow......of WW3. The next war won't be like anything civilians have ever seen. We won't be battling falling V2 rockets, we'll be trying to navigate widespread systemic outages. Including power, cellphones, and internet.
And there will be no warning beyond what we've gotten -- it will just be *GONE* and the military will be scrambling to secure its' own capabilities, not helping you. Better have good neighbors.

I predict the FB outage (and the others) were a warning shot across the bow......of WW3. The next war won't be like anything civilians have ever seen. We won't be battling falling V2 rockets, we'll be trying to navigate widespread systemic outages. Including power, cellphones, and internet.
And there will be no warning beyond what we've gotten -- it will just be *GONE* and the military will be scrambling to secure its' own capabilities, not helping you. Better have good neighbors.

Sounds peaceful

I honestly wish bobs was setup more like fakebook, as crazy as that sounds. I just wish there was more engagement overall. Like a social media, for kart racing only.
A place for videos and pictures. Where profiles, teams, drivers and sponsors could be more glorified.
A go kart fakebook.

Please don't attack me for this. I meant it in a positive way. For the sport.
This site had all that, and no one wanted to support it with subscriptions.
Had a large photo classified section.
Everyone wants something but doesn't want to pay for it.
Facebook is the only one I have, all the kart sites I left allowed scammers and people wanting to be your friend or selling stuff that had nothing to do with karting, I have blocked all those pages and now just check on friends/family.

This site had all that, and no one wanted to support it with subscriptions.
Had a large photo classified section.
Everyone wants something but doesn't want to pay for it.
Facebook is the only one I have, all the kart sites I left allowed scammers and people wanting to be your friend or selling stuff that had nothing to do with karting, I have blocked all those pages and now just check on friends/family.

Sounds ahead of its time maybe?

Why did the sponsors leave? It should be a pretty simple transaction like most sponsorships. If you hold up your end of the deal, everyone is happy. I'm not assuming anything either.
They can always come back and be made happy again.

I can't stand facebook, but that doesn't mean I don't use it for racing stuff.

If you build it, they will come imo

Facebook is free and they make a lot of money. A LOT.

Sponsors?
The front page of this website use to have hundreds of sponsors, majority are all gone.
Yea who wants to chase em down . For false Promises.
As they say .
If wishes were , Candy and Nuts . We would all have a Real Good Time .

Why did the sponsors leave? It should be a pretty simple transaction like most sponsorships. If you hold up your end of the deal, everyone is happy. I'm not assuming anything either.

This site Has A Sponsor.
Bob .
All you have too do to sponsor is join for 20 $.
To help out . And Support.

Most went out of business, kart racing in the grand scheme of things is a niche.
Bob's has been here since 1996.
It wasn't about being ahead of its time, no one wanted to pay to use it, but they are OK with selling their stuff and promoting their business here for free, Facebook makes money from other markets.
Thats why the classifieds and business section look like they do now.

Back