Facebook raffles

Also a part that hasn’t been mentioned. We’re watching kart shops fold left and right from the shutdown and act surprised. Spend the full buck and buy a product from a company that needs support in these trying times. The raffles are a good steal if you win, but please support your local dealers before anything else!

The product still has to be bought from somewhere ? correct ? Its not like Mychron is handing out free 5's or Burris is just passing out tires.
Kart shops raffle off new karts, tires, bodies etc etc. I've seen motors raffled off from motor builders. Trucks, cars, race cars, boats, whatever it is, it was still purchased from somewhere.
Midwest Race Of Champions just sold raffle tickets for a brand new kart, I was wrong to buy a ticket or 10 ?
My local fire department does raffles for stuff all the time, is that wrong too ?

It's my money I can spend it how I want.

The product still has to be bought from somewhere ? correct ? Its not like Mychron is handing out free 5's or Burris is just passing out tires.
Kart shops raffle off new karts, tires, bodies etc etc. I've seen motors raffled off from motor builders. Trucks, cars, race cars, boats, whatever it is, it was still purchased from somewhere.
Midwest Race Of Champions just sold raffle tickets for a brand new kart, I was wrong to buy a ticket or 10 ?
My local fire department does raffles for stuff all the time, is that wrong too ?

It's my money I can spend it how I want.
I do believe the fire company's and such are registered to do small games of chance....

Fundraising in my opinion 🤷‍♂️ Like Keith said the said item needs to come from somewhere, if someone buys a few spots and doesn’t win, and they still need that item, they’re going to go buy it anyways right? I’ve entered about 15 raffles and never came close to winning lol. Would be nice winning an engine or tach for $20 though

I think some of you are missing the idea behind the raffle/waffle deal. They aren't $100 spots normally. They are normally like 50 spots available for $10 a spot. So the total is $500 claimed for an item that is maybe $400. The person holding the raffle makes $100, and if you only buy 1 ticket for $10 you just scored a nice item for $10. On the other hand if you spend $200 and buy 20 spot and lose you just lost $200. Normally someone doing that can afford it or has a gambling problem.

I've seen raffles that are like $5 a spot and 100 spots available. Just depends how you slice and dice it to the people bidding or buying spots.

I think some of you are missing the idea behind the raffle/waffle deal. They aren't $100 spots normally. They are normally like 50 spots available for $10 a spot. So the total is $500 claimed for an item that is maybe $400. The person holding the raffle makes $100, and if you only buy 1 ticket for $10 you just scored a nice item for $10. On the other hand if you spend $200 and buy 20 spot and lose you just lost $200. Normally someone doing that can afford it or has a gambling problem.

I've seen raffles that are like $5 a spot and 100 spots available. Just depends how you slice and dice it to the people bidding or buying spots.
I saw somebody raffling off a race ready 604 Dirt Late model last week. I think it was $100 a spot and there was maybe 125 spots? Seemed fair to me.

its a nice deal, so long as everyone plays nice.. pay pal gets a cut and that's figured in.. if you have a kart and you really want that 1200 for it, and its not moving, the waffel is the way to go.. 50 spots at $25 covers it and pay pal's fees everyones happy

Back