Fake Carbs vs Real Carbs,any difference apart from brand?

John_OSU

Is there any difference to really worry about when it comes to these fake carburetors on ebay? Would there be any actual issue with fitting a fake carburetor to my gx390 apart from maybe a lower quality carb and a slight loss in power compared to a real one.

the generally accepted clone engine is the 196 cc.
the other sub forum section gets some of the odd ball stuff along with Honda on the 390's .
at any rate your correct it may not preform like an original or it might be fine .
they seem to work on my lawn mower and may be same quality as original or may not have passed whatever inspection they do at the mfg.
there cheap enough too try.

Now when you call the carbs on Ebay fake what to you is real, Honda would use a Keihin, what make is on the Loncin, if it is not a Keihin would you consider it to be fake?

In most part the carbs are usuable.. BUT like any carb it will need some work to match up to your application... Bolt on and go without issues is a low percentage of sucess regardless if its a top line brand name or copy..

The best factory style carb for a 390 is the Hyuai it flows 2 CFM more on the flowbench regardless if you have it hooked on head with valve propped or just strait on flowbench at the same bore size (in our case .920) no other moddifications made. It also seems to be easier to get the AFR dialed with simple jetting changes.

27867904_10104485214246568_9003439647414124687_n.jpg

by fake I mean a brand saying they are keihin but are not genuine keihins and are obviously underpriced i.e £20/$30 instead of £200/$300

I have not seen any with the correct spelling of Keihin that were not genuine. Every market is different though, there are some that used names very similar.

Back