Falling off after 15 laps

Triple4

Running Burris 33s punching 52-53. Kart is super fast at the beginning of of the feature but after lap 15 the kart tightens up and falls back. Is this a prep issue or something else? If it's a prep issue I need help on prepping without dropping the duro.

Running Burris 33s punching 52-53. Kart is super fast at the beginning of of the feature but after lap 15 the kart tightens up and falls back. Is this a prep issue or something else? If it's a prep issue I need help on prepping without dropping the duro.

You've prep them to soft. Are they prepped inside ? what prep are you using ?

You wiped just 1 time, 15 minutes before hitting the track?
If thats the case you ran out of prep and would want more coats to get deeper into the rubber.

I wipe them before the heat and feature. I always thought that prepping more would soften the tires & I don't want to drop the duro. Maybe I have the wrong mindset.

I wipe them before the heat and feature. I always thought that prepping more would soften the tires & I don't want to drop the duro. Maybe I have the wrong mindset.

Earls, correct you were not to soft you ran out of prep, 1 heavy coat might have been enough if was torched in most likely still needed 2 coats, if you have a problem torching at the track wipe through the week with base hard wed and thur to keep some bite in them.
Only other possibility is track conditions got MUCH better than normal and just the fact that they were 33's not 55's got ya.

Good Luck !!

pelmetto m2 is a conditioner not a track side if you are going to use as a track side mix with akrosil and top it with track side fire

Back