FASTENAL Ships Karts!!

Americanracer00

Just wanted to let everyone know. Fastenal will ship karts for very reasonable prices. Just have everything strapped down on a pallet and wrapped, drop it off at nearest Fastenal location and your buyer can pick it up at their nearest location. Go to Fastenal.com and look under the 'freight for less' link and follow the steps.

Example: I shipped a champ kart from SC to IN for $150 strapped to a pallet

Check it out, Fastenal.com, 3PL Shipping

Fastenal doesn't use any other fleet line but there own. They have their own truck system and that's the only way stock parts move to their stores across the US. The best way to do it is online. The stores have nothing to do with getting it processed. Having done it before, once a shipment is verified an email is sent to that store notifying a 3pl shipment will be dropped off or picked up through their store. You the individual are the '3rd party'. I had a little bit of delay the first time as well because is was a new process. Shipping via freight truck requires a lot of documentation, so once they know it's a chassis and nothing hazardous it goes through pretty smoothly.

Just today I shipped a Kart with engine and Kart Stand on a wood 3 x 4 pallet from Kentucky to Arkansas for $195. Didn't have to crate it I did wrap it in plastic wrap though.

I took the kart I sold to a gentleman in Kentucky just down the street and handed it to them. ( Fastenal ). The guy in Kentucky made all the arrangements, I just dropped it off and they put it on a pallet and plastic rapped it. I had the bumbers and side pods inside the framework tied fast. He got the kart with no complications.

sent a champ kart from south florida to north carolina 90 bucs. just straped to a pallet and they did the rest. best shipping ever

Also a great company to use is called freight watchers they just ask you to use a skid/palled and plastic wrap it and they use several diff carriers and you can drop it off to there carriers hubs or for small extra fees they will pick up at your door depending on where your shipping and if it has motor or not can be anywhere from $60.00-$150.00

If you use fastenal contact kyle cooper first 3172943584, he contacts the store before you drop it off.they will ship if its just on a pallet but won't guarantee it from damage unless its crated.

After a major hassle just showing up with the crated kart, I've talked with their logistics people and discovered this:

1) USE the online tpl (third party logistics) form to submit your info, because
- they have to check the receiving store has the facilities and space to receive the kart / pallet
- they have to confim that logisitics can get it there
- your local store can't really initiate the process

2) ATV pallets from your local bike dealer work great -- wooden, bottom and top, 7' x 46" x whatever height you want to make it...perfect for a full-bodied LTO kart and couple of boxes for accessories.
3) After having shipped 2 karts and 1 winged outlaw via fastenal, I'm now "THE CRATE MASTER". If you need pics, let me know.....My latest version is sturdy and light, we'll see how it fares.
4) The rate seems to be $125 for most places I've shipped to. YMMV.

Good luck!

Back