Feature positions?

Muleman

I'm in Nebraska, here we run 2 heat races to determine your feature start position. What are tracks around the country running for feature position?

Lineups determined by single heat race finishing order is what we see in KY IN TN IL. Of course the Heat winners start up front, you dont expect the fastest karts to have to actually pass someone do you? In the northwest all the tracks ran two heats and main event lineups determined on a point system from the heats. Again, fastest kart on the main pole.

Do y'all have hot laps??? Down here in the sip we have a drawing on entry to determine your initial line up. Hot laps is practice, you start according to your drawing. Then Heat race ( again starting by your drawn position). Then the feature which is where you finished during the heats. Our classes don't really get big enough for a A main or B main setup. Though those typically follow the same format. Each having their own Hot laps and Heat. Most classes are between 3 and12 kart counts. Anything over 12 is when A and B setups come into play.

I'm in Nebraska, here we run 2 heat races to determine your feature start position. What are tracks around the country running for feature position?
every one I ever been to, down south. I just don't like when they split the heats, like if you win the 3rd heat, the best you will start the feature is third.

regular Sat night = open practice, pill draw position for heat race, heat race finishing order determine feature race line up.
money race or points = controlled practice (with same group you race with) 2 lap qualify, main event line up by best lap time.

that's why I like to run two heats and average out the finishes to start the feature, gives you two chances to do good (or bad ), but to me best of all is qualifying, I noticed that when qualifying it puts everyone where they should be unless you have a bad qualifying lap, normally if we qualify 2nd or 3rd that's pretty much where we run on track, and don't have to fight with the slower ones to move up, nothing more frustrating than being held up by a slow kart or a bunch of slow karts

At my local track, we have 1 heat but it is split so like 5 karts in 1 and 5 in the other. If you are in the first heat then no matter where you finish you will be on the inside and if you are in the second heat you will start on the outside in feature. Sometimes we do A and B mains during money races or if many people show up.

We have open hot laps, cages/wings run together, flats run together, no matter classes... sometimes new kids run by themselves.

Heats are usually lined up by pill draw or chip draw.

Feature lineup - 1st heat finish position is the inside row, 2nd heat finish position is outside row. If a third heat is needed, winner of third heat is 2nd row inside and so on, for example:

or

I personally HATE the two heat format. Either run 1 heat which determines starting spots for the feature or run standard 3 lap qualifying and go by time. The two heat crap with field inversion is ridiculous and makes the show drag on forever for what purpose?

Up round here its pretty standard .
and no 17 classes so most times your packing up by 11 pm.
2 heats also shows your skil and agility too pass .

Timed practice.
Practice times determines Qualifying order.
Odd number qualifiers heat A order
Even, heat B
Average for features

I like two heats also but there are so many classes and everything is so drug out you don't have time for two heats. If they have 30 karts or less sometime they run two.

Not a fan of qualifying.....we have racecars to race not go out by yourself and make laps also its not fun watching a guy start pole and win from there..... I like to watch racing

that's why I like to run two heats and average out the finishes to start the feature, gives you two chances to do good (or bad ), but to me best of all is qualifying, I noticed that when qualifying it puts everyone where they should be unless you have a bad qualifying lap, normally if we qualify 2nd or 3rd that's pretty much where we run on track, and don't have to fight with the slower ones to move up, nothing more frustrating than being held up by a slow kart or a bunch of slow karts
I wish David and Logan would run two heats and a feature. It's a thing of the past here it looks like. Too many classes and some people don't want to run two heats. I heard someone say one time they would have to do there tires and extra time. If you have bad luck drawing numbers like me you want two heats. We can have 8 karts and they split them up in two groups.

Back