Fhs oils

Drain your oil while it's hot at the end of your race. Then dispose of it at the track. Replace with fresh oil and you're good to go the following week.
4T will work great in an alcohol engine, but like any oil, it'll need replaced. Remember, we have no oil filters in these engines...any contaminants: metal, dirt, fuel, etc keep getting recirculated until the oil is changed.

If you were to use any FHS oil, it should only be 62R.
I have liked the 4T since it came out, and not had an oil related issue with it in any of our personal or customer engines - gas and alcohol, stock and some big opens. That is my recommendation FWIW. We have tested so many oils over the years that it'll make your head spin. If you trust your engine builder, listen to his advice on oil as well.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Cool Power used to be a contender in 4-cycle karting oils years ago. I know it’s still available but I don’t hear many folks talk about using it anymore. Same for Power Plus. Many years ago we used to run Klotz Techniplate.

Considering the price is within cents no matter what I get we will go with our builders recommendation. The past couple years have been odd to say the least with engine issues. In the 10 years I've been around it I've been having new issues and still trying to figure out why.

Drain your oil while it's hot at the end of your race. Then dispose of it at the track.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Agreed, but with a humorous aside on disposal at the track. We had a jug for the used oil and took some of it home with us - it worked great as a chain lube in the chain lube tank of our chain saws. My neighbor and I had a lot of projects requiring chain saw usage, so that worked out fine for me.

Back